I've tried to resist. I told myself that I was too old, that it was too much money, that I'd never get enough use out of it, that my PC was fine. But Chris's latest episode with WoW was the straw that broke the camel's back. I can't resist anymore. I've got to get with the times.
I'm going to buy an XBox 360.
But I have a *lot* of questions that I'm hoping some of you experts can answer, such as:
1. Which version should I buy? (I'm guessing the 60 GB Pro)
2. Where should I buy it?
3. Should I get some kind of anti-RRoD warranty from where I buy it, or does it come with one from the manufacturer?
4. Are there any must-have accessories that don't come with it? For example, I noticed it only has one controller.
5. This is now three things going into the back of my TV (DIRECTV, DVD, XBox), which has only two sets of connections. Does anyone else have that problem? What device do you add in between?
6. Can I connect to Live through my regular DSL connection? How tricky is that to set up?
7. Who's going to play NHL 09 MMO-mode with me?
Responses in this thread are fine, answers in person at DL on Monday are even better (in case I think of other questions). Thanks!
PS: No, I'm not going to buy Rock Band. I'm going to hold out for RB2.