Thursday, July 10, 2008

The SABG Top 50 Results for 2008

Took much longer to compile than I thought. Anyway, thanks to everyone who voted, and if you didn't vote, remember that you still get to complain bitterly! And maybe you'll vote next year. Anyway, rather than cut and paste everything here, I'm just going to point you to the geeklist.

Ok, one cut and paste job...

Games that fell off the charts (and their place in 2007):
  • San Juan (#2)
  • Tigris & Euphrates (#4)
  • Hammer of the Scots (#10)
  • Stage II (#17)
  • EastFront II (#18)
  • Shadowfist (#24)
  • 7 Ages (#29)
  • Phoenicia (#31)
  • Dune (#35)
  • Werewolf (#40)
  • Colossal Arena (#41)
  • Samurai (#42)
  • Yspahan (#43)
  • We the People (#44)
  • Twilight Struggle (#45)
  • Crusader Rex (#46)
  • Loopin Louie (#49)

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 7:07 PM, July 10, 2008, Blogger Carlos said...

Thanks for doing this Brian. As I know only a fraction of the game that most of the others do, I did not send you a list. But I do enjoy seeing what the group as a whole likes.

 
At 7:13 PM, July 10, 2008, Blogger Ben said...

Brian: I sincerely appreciate the effort you put into this. I find this kind of thing very illuminating and gives me a better idea of what games to suggest at upcoming group meetings. Its also gives me a better idea of games I need to try harder to evangelize in the coming year!

 
At 7:39 PM, July 10, 2008, Blogger Jeff said...

We should add together the votes from both years to generate an "all-time" ranking.

 
At 8:57 PM, July 10, 2008, Blogger Ted said...

Brian: cool list; thanks for your efforts.

 
At 9:55 PM, July 10, 2008, Blogger Brian said...

Eh, I figure the all time thing should wait until we've done a few more years.

Listmaking is the final G in BGG.

 
At 10:10 PM, July 10, 2008, Blogger Mark said...

Late to the party, but thanks for doing the list, Brian. Putting it on the geek makes it easy to read about the games which is nice since I know most of those by name only.

 
At 11:50 PM, July 10, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for making the list! This was a lot of fun considering my list and then seeing how the group list looks.

 
At 8:45 AM, July 11, 2008, Blogger Unknown said...

Brian, thanks for doing this again! Interesting to see how things shift about over a year (or a little under a year, I guess).

For what it's worth, here are the top 20 games I submitted (in order):

Goa
On the Underground
Power Grid
Puerto Rico
Dicke Kartoffeln
Roads and Boats
Tikal
Age of Steam
Keythdral
Princes of Florence
La Citta
Cribbage
Magic
Titan
Java
Samurai
Traders of Genoa
Torres
Notre Dame
Backgammon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home