Saturday, July 05, 2008

We the People….



We the People….

Jose and I got together to celebrate Independence Day with some Revolutionary wargaming. We started with Columbia Game’s Liberty! We played so many games today I really can’t remember everything that happened. I really like this game and feel it’s the best of the single evening offering from CG with our playing times averaging 2 hrs.

Next we tried the revolutionary game that started the CDG phenomenon, We the People. It was my first time playing and I struggled with the rules more than with my opponent. There are some weird rules such as it’s impossible for the British to launch a seaborne invasion unless they already control the port. This was my first CDG outside of Twilight Struggle and I can see a lot of possibilities.

Happy 4th of July to all!

2 Comments:

At 7:03 PM, July 05, 2008, Blogger Carlos said...

Good work with a double whammy - that is playing something in the spirit of the 4th and also keeping the war game momentum going. Jose and I agreed that we will need to revisit AE and have a tentative date planned. I am also wondering if there is any interest in another three player game of EE before the end of Summer.

 
At 11:46 PM, July 06, 2008, Blogger Ted said...

Mark: sounds like a great time. A great way to spend any day, especially the 4th.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home