Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Two Rare Events

Event 1: We recently passed our 1,000th entry on this blog. Hurrah for us!

Event 2: Sat Jun 28 the Kostek house will be open for games.

I was thinking about my open gaming window, and I decided the prettiest thing I could put in it would be a 6 player game of Mare Nostrum.

Steve delights in saying that he'll never play, and there are other non-enthusiasts in the group. Fair enough.

For anyone interested in ancient warfare, send me an email or geekmail (to "kostek"). The box claims 2 hrs, but we'll have a lot of newbies, teaching, lunch, snacks, etc. Let's plan for 4 hrs.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 11:12 PM, June 04, 2008, Blogger Ben said...

I'm not going to make it.

Good luck, though. Hosting is noble.

Speaking of noble, where is my Kingsport?

Today one of my German coworkers with a very heavy accent told me excitedly that, "Das sheet has heet zee fan!" I couldn't help but think of him as one of the soldiers in mine and Ted's army last week.

Tabletop Battlefield podcast is a lot of fun. Their review makes me want to try Starcraft again sometime.

Day of Heroes ships next week! SPQR should be on the way. Kutuzov looks fun. Blackbeard major errata is promised this week, hopefully un-breaking it.

 
At 7:43 AM, June 05, 2008, Blogger Ted said...

Wait, don't you work for the military? How do you have a German coworker?

 
At 8:11 AM, June 05, 2008, Blogger Travis and Katy said...

I am pleased to report that today is my last day of work until school resumes; therefore I will be a big probable for Saturday --and many game days to follow!

 
At 11:01 AM, June 05, 2008, Blogger Unknown said...

I do not believe I will be able to attend the ancient warfare event. I have some work I should do. And ancient warfare is not, i think, my thing. But i wish you successes :) Or something.

 
At 6:57 PM, June 05, 2008, Blogger Carlos said...

Ted, the 28th is still a few weeks away, but I would like to play Mare Nostrum. The only caveat is the the 28th is an alternate day for Jose and I to try to play Asia Engulfed. We are aiming for the 14th and if this does not work out then the 28th. I guess now I have more incentive to make the 14th work. I'll search for the rules on-line.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home