Saturday, May 31, 2008

Saturday and Monday


When I arrived (after many problems due to San Antonio's stupid road closings ...) Travis and Tiffany were breaking out the T. I joined in and promptly justified my feelings with a last place finish. (I don't actually hate Tikal, but I don't really care for games where you make a move, then can leave the table for 5 minutes).

Scott and Chris showed up, and played the beisbol. Travis left, so Tiffany and I broke out Blue Moon, then Dry Gulch Junction. At this point the series was over, so Scott and I played a few games of Race, and then called it a day. Then I found out my car's AC had broken. Lovely.

So, may as well make this the Monday planning post, and add a few notes:
  • Next Saturday is the World D&D day for 4th edition (or some such). Which means Dragon's Lair will be stuffed like a bag of holding, sans ambiance. You have been warned.
  • The Fun in the Sun Math trade looks pretty good, if you ask me.
  • Games I need to get to the table: Starcraft, Hannibal (Rome v Carthage), Combat Commander (Med or new Scenarios).
  • I'm still playing Bridge online (as TaoGaming) on BridgeBase.
  • I'll be at DLair on monday at 5:30 ish.
Until Monday ...

Labels: , , , ,

10 Comments:

At 5:52 PM, May 31, 2008, Blogger Rob said...

Just played 2 games of CC:Med. They were pretty darn sweet. Thankfully I've gained a convert.

Ben: Lets put a date again on EE.

 
At 6:10 PM, May 31, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott took 2 out of 3. The first game was the closest, with Scott driving in the winning run from second with two outs in the bottom of the ninth. We split the other two. Scott is now the new SABBL leader. He's 13 and 8 (I think) for a +5 diff, while I'm down to 11 and 7, for a +4 diff.

Gang up on Scott. :)

 
At 6:11 PM, May 31, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brian, can you link to those math trade tools that you talked about previously?

 
At 6:12 PM, May 31, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and I'm in for Monday. Likely 5pm.

 
At 6:32 PM, May 31, 2008, Blogger Brian said...

Jeffy Jeff's OWLWG Math Trade tool is at http://activityclub.org/bgg/bgglogin.cgi

(I just added that link to my BGG profile QuikBar. Verrah useful, that).

If anyone really wants anything I've put up for the math trade (or on my want list), let me know. I'm going to try and trim my game collection by another dozen games or so this year.

 
At 7:02 PM, May 31, 2008, Blogger scott said...

Starcraft: Love to give it a try (never have played the computer game; missed a golden opportunity to pick it up and have regretted ever since)
Hannibal: I last played it way back with its original release and enjoyed it a lot at the time so would like to play again
CC--Interested
Bridge--I will try to swing by bridgebase; I have been trying to get back in to training on a cheap computer bridge program I picked up before I deal with real players
Monday--I am a very doubtful for Monday 6/2
Baseball--Do we know what everybody elses records are? Dennis, did you ever post your roster?

 
At 8:23 PM, May 31, 2008, Blogger scott said...

team stats > 21 games:

794 PA; 699 Ab; 187 H; 108 1b; 46 2b; 3 3b; 30 hr; 7 roe; 6 hbp; 5 sacf; 4 sacb; 80 bb; .101 bb%; 177 K; .253 Krat; 105 rbi; 107 r; .268 ba; .345 obp; .471 slg; 27 sb; 43 sba; sb% 62.8; 25 dp; 20 e; ops .816

186 ip; 196 h; 63 bb; 9hbp; 130 K; 85 er; 13-8; 5 saves; .48 bb/k; 4.113 era; 1.392 whip; 6.29 k/9; .260 ba allowed; 268 runners allowed

 
At 11:25 PM, May 31, 2008, Blogger Unknown said...

Saturday Comment: Before Travis and I broke out Tikal -- much to my enjoyment by the way -- we played -- uhm -- Before the Wind -- which Travis more or less rightly summarized as the shipping phase of Puerto Rico. I liked it.

Monday Comment: I should be there about 6. Maybe a little earlier. Maybe a little later.

 
At 7:45 PM, June 01, 2008, Blogger seanp said...

I'll be there Monday, 6ish.

 
At 10:01 PM, June 01, 2008, Blogger Ben said...

I'm not going to make it. Remodeling...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home