Sunday, February 24, 2008

Forget the Quadfecta! The Ocho!

Assuming that tonight goes off without any disasters (fashion or otherwise) then non-Hollywood related gaming will start again tomorrow night. I'm itching for some Through the Ages (and if Chris shows up we'll only really need 1 to have the right number). I'm think a full game with all the trimmings ....

But while our Quadfecta will be done, a lucky gambler in England parlayed an 8-race bet into $2 million. I couldn't find the version that Chris showed me yesterday, which included the line (paraphrased) "After being informed of his winnings the man visibly blanched and then said he would have to tell his wife." Such is the power of the Ocho!
So, let everyone know if you'll be there tomorrow PM.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At 10:15 AM, February 24, 2008, Blogger seanp said...

If the "ocho" were real, I'd watch it every day. I should be there about 6ish...

 
At 11:44 AM, February 24, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I should be there about 5 or 5:30 I think.

 
At 6:59 AM, February 25, 2008, Blogger Travis and Katy said...

Hello,

My name is Travis and I've been reading your blog for a while and would like to get out and meet a few of you. I will try to get to Dragon's Lair by 6:00 and hopefully sit in on a game or two.

Open discolsure: I am a little green so I may slow things down a little!

Looking forward to it,
Travis

 
At 8:23 AM, February 25, 2008, Blogger seanp said...

Travis,

We look forward to meeting you! Always glad to see a new face. We're a pretty friendly group, and willing to teach a lot of different games. See you tonight!

 
At 9:37 AM, February 25, 2008, Blogger Simon said...

Sorry I couldn't make it on Sunday, Sean. I was pretty wiped out and couldn't muster the energy.

 
At 5:27 PM, February 25, 2008, Blogger Unknown said...

Rule 1

 
At 8:16 PM, February 25, 2008, Blogger Ted said...

"I am a little green ..."

We do not discriminate on the basis of color.

We're always glad to have a new player join SABG. The more the merrier.

 
At 8:35 PM, February 25, 2008, Blogger Unknown said...

"It looks like he's dead."

"Wait hold on, you mean he is dead, or he just looks that way."

"I mean he looks that way, hes covered in green paint or something."

 
At 11:30 PM, February 25, 2008, Blogger Simon said...

wat

 

Post a Comment

<< Home