Wednesday, January 09, 2008

The Blog is Dead, Jim

So.... what's new?

I just ordered Estimated Time to Invasion, the new game by the Nature of the Beast guys. Also, a new set of 5 painted Horrorclix Predator minis which just happen to be the right scale for Heroscape are in. Now I can play Predator vs. Captain America using Heroscape rules. Nice! Call me strange, but pretty much Predator vs. anything is cool in my book. The Command and Colors Ancients expansion stuff is theoretically on the way as well.

I noticed today the Best Buy next to where I work has a pile of GH3 bundles... Its possible I'll own one soon. Mass Effect continues to deliver the goods. No spoilers, but I'm really enjoying the homage payed to various sci-fi books and movies in the game.

On the board gaming front there doesn't seem to be much on the near term horizon that excites me, but that is okay because I still have a pretty nice backlog of unplayed games from the Fall. The main hindrances to me in getting these to the table now are the time I'm devoting to training for the Austin Marathon in a few weeks, plus lots of X-Box. Thanks for reading!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7:59 PM, January 09, 2008, Blogger Schifani said...

I read the CnC:A epic rules and they look spectacular. There is more than enough for going beyond a 1v1 game, so I think some of us that aren't turned off by the theory of "limited fun" will enjoy the social, cooperative aspect of it. I think 2V2 will be just about right. I was wrong, Ben, there are 4 epic scenarios and I hope they do more.

When Chris was over, we talked about what it would take to expand my table to 12' wide for an epic CnC:A battle with miniatures. We have to try that one of these days.

 
At 11:17 PM, January 09, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CnC:A with Steve's miniatures...wow. I already enjoy the game immensely with just the little wooden blocks. Throwing in minis would be a sight to behold. I'd just want to sit there and look at it all. We definitely need to make this happen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home