Monday, November 26, 2007

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!


Yep, it's the most wonderful time of the year...for those partaking of the GMT Holiday Special! I know a few people this weekend were talking about their GMT emails and the wonderous specials therein. Looking on the website, I see that you can get 50% off of one or two in stock games if you've ordered from them earlier this year off the P500 list. I assume that's the special that's mentioned in the emails, but correct me if I'm wrong.
Looking at the website, I starting saying, "I want that, and I want that, and oooo I want that!" Needless to say, that+that+ooo that too = mucho dinero. Is there anyone in the group that isn't going to completely use their 50% off deal if they're eligible? I'm probably going to order from them anyway, but it doesn't hurt to ask around first.

6 Comments:

At 8:10 PM, November 26, 2007, Blogger Ben said...

Chris: You can have my special GMT deal if you would like it. The only game from GMT I'm slightly interested in that I don't own is Asia Engulfed, and I'd only save $5-10 dollars or so vs. ordering on Thoughthammer.

 
At 8:46 PM, November 26, 2007, Blogger Jonathan W. said...

Im only one of two that I can get 50%, so if anyone wants to use the other half let me know.

 
At 8:48 PM, November 26, 2007, Blogger Ben said...

What are you guys going to order?

 
At 9:07 PM, November 26, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The one that makes the most sense for me is Europe Engulfed. $100 on GMT website, half off=$50. Thought Hammer has it for $70. I'd also like to get CC:Europe ($80 half off=$40, better than $55.30 at TH) and Here I Stand (again, $40, better than $55.30 at TH, plus TH says they may not get it in stock until March 2008!)

Like I said, I know it's a lot of money. With the specials, now would be the obvious time to get those three. If we want to spread around the goodness though, and others want to join in, then I'll happily settle for whatever my fair share of the available specials is.

 
At 9:12 PM, November 26, 2007, Blogger Carlos said...

Ben, I preordered Asia Engulfed and perhaps we can try a game when it arrives. I dropped by DL today after work. I could not get Arkham out of me head. I bought it. It is indeed a wonderful time if the year.

"I'm Mr. Green Christmas, I'm Mr. Sun...."

 
At 9:15 PM, November 26, 2007, Blogger Carlos said...

Chris, regarding Europe Engulfed, here is something to consider. I am told that the difference between the first and second edition is not worth mentioning. I got the first edition brand new on eBay for about $40.

I downloaded the second edition rules from GMT and cannot find any difference between the two.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home