Saturday, August 11, 2007

Mondaydreaming

I'll be there at the normal time. Games that I'd like to try (in no particular order)

Control Nut -- A partnership trick taking game with 8 special cards. Each hand, four of are auctioned off by giving away three of your cards. The only communication allowed is done by displaying your cards you offer (you can make deliberately losing bids). [Perhaps this will take over from Tichu].

Twilight -- Another weird trick taking game. Two players play the sun, and two players play the moon. You can only play cards in your own suit ... but you can ask any other player to play for you (in fact, you must do that if you don't have any cards in your suit).

Here I Stand -- I just got the C3I with the 2 player version. Anyone interested. [It also has a new CC:E scenario]. (This may be a touch long, unless you remember the HiS rules. I do, though].

Ars Mysteriorum -- I haven't played this since it was a prototype ... need to try it again.

Phoenicia -- assuming its out.

Anyway, RSVP in the comments. And list games you are interested in.

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 9:57 PM, August 11, 2007, Blogger Dennis Ugolini said...

I'll be playing Week 5 vs. Chris, but otherwise I'd like to try Control Nut & Twilight.

 
At 11:35 PM, August 11, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw Phoenicia on the shelves at Dragon's Lair Friday night. Thought Hammer still has it listed as a preorder. That's interesting.

I only remember because it struck me that I hadn't seen it on the shelves there before--guess I look at those shelves more often than I realize. I don't think DL would import this game just to have it on the shelves, so maybe it's the US release? We shall see.

 
At 10:29 AM, August 12, 2007, Blogger Ben said...

Hmmmm... my copy of C3i must be on Monday's mail truck.

I'm unlikely to be able to show on Monday, but perhaps I'll get some Vassal in against Rob. I also need to study up for my next on-line Flying Colors tournament game Thursday evening. Heck, with Skype and Vassal running, board gaming most evenings is a distinct possibility!

I'm very excited about the upcoming re-release of Hannibal: Rome vs. Carthage, as this type of card-driven game seems extremely well suited to Vassal play.

 
At 10:40 AM, August 12, 2007, Blogger Brian said...

I tried using Vassal a year or two ago, with poor results. I guess I should try again at some point.

 
At 10:49 AM, August 12, 2007, Blogger Ben said...

The key to making Vassal fun is Skype. The Combat Commander module looks very nice, as does C&C Ancients. The BL and TS modules we've used over the past few weeks work well, though a tad fiddly in places.

 
At 11:59 AM, August 12, 2007, Blogger Ted said...

I won't be there Mon night, but I am interested in HiS (HIS?). I find myself thinking about it from time to time. I hope we can get it back to the table, the more the merrier, but I'd consider 2 player.

I downloaded Vassal the other day, and I've been dinking around with it. Looks interesting. I need to check out skype, I guess.

 
At 12:48 PM, August 12, 2007, Blogger scott said...

I would like to get in my week 5 vs. Oakland but should hopefully have time for that plus other gaming; since I am off work this coming week what time is normal time for things to start up?

 
At 11:58 AM, August 13, 2007, Blogger seanp said...

I'll be there, and am interested in anything. I don't know about this talk about displacing Tichu though. :) I'll gladly try any game thrown out there, but it would take a lot to displace Tichu from my top spot right now, long straights not-withstanding.

I haven't played HiS... I'm open to anything, but as a newbie will slow things down some.

I'll be bringing my standard bag offerings - Tichu, Power Grid, Shear Panic, Through the Desert, Ricochet Robot, and the ubiquitous Stratomatic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home