Friday, June 15, 2007

Killing Time

My airplane to Tokyo from Houston just developed a "mechanical difficulty," so I have four hours to kill here at the airport while we wait for a plane coming in from London. Luckily the USO here has a computer, so I can kill a bit of time.

Anyway, one thing I found interesting yesterday was the customer loyalty incentive program at the local comic book store, Alien Worlds. I was there buying-in big time into the Wizkids Star Wars Pocket Model game (which is quite cool, though very simple). Essentially for every $200 you spend at the store, they give you a $20 gift card. Now, this still doesn't compete with pricing on-line, but it makes buying local a bit more palatable. It is too bad they don't sell board games... On top of that, I talked the store clerk out of two limited edition promotional ship packs for free. If you're at all interested in the game, you might want to go get a free promotional pack (a small set of cards, two Tie Fighters, one X-Wing) at the store located on San Pedro just south of North Star Mall.

Hooray! I pulled the Yoda card in my first pack. CCG Armory has the best pricing I've seen for the game thus far. Based on the relatively low cost of this game compared to the recent Star Wars starship miniatures game, its no suprise Wizards of the Coast is now slapping a lawsuit on WizKids.

Alright... I'm going to go hunker down with the Tide of Iron rulebook. See you all around a game table in a couple weeks!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home