Tuesday, April 03, 2007

4/7 Saturday + Session Report + Rambling = fractal chaos

Ha! Ben, beat you to it. Anyone interested in gaming this Saturday? I could play between early am, and 2'ish pm. I'd like to try Die Macher if there is enough interest (I know Ben loves this game). If not on Saturday, maybe next Monday?

4/2 Session report? Jon and I played Epic BattleLore. As always, whenever I have a creature, it meets a premature death. My Hill Giant's hammer was left longing for skulls to crack. Oh, and never forget to fear the BattleLore card. It can be very very nice when you are within range of multiple units that are down to a single figure. After that we played Princes of Florence (I felt like my brain had been dipped in molasses until I finally 'got it'), Hermagor (Michael loved this game... NOT!.... I like the game, so please don't sabotage the group to keep me from trying it again in the future; I want to try it again with the first player determined by the low-numbered tile), and Smarty Party (ahhhh....sports categories, my bane).

I laughed my ass off with all of them (my PoF multiple-park strategy rules!, Michael's Attention Deficit Disorder leading to a screwup and a restart on Hermagor, Mr Milkshake dude and Big Mac Daddy as McDonald characters in Smarty Party), so yes, all were GG's. A break from the hardships of real life... that is what gaming to me is all about. As I stepped out of DL, I went back to worrying about my house which I'm trying to sell, the house I need to buy at Galveston, wife demanding more attention, dog running in the backyard that had just been sprayed with herbicide, sad report on Newsweek about the service men/women that have died in the war, etc etc. Here's to hoping the Houston game group provides the same 'tonic'.

Labels: ,

17 Comments:

At 8:10 PM, April 03, 2007, Blogger Ben said...

Are you hosting Saturday morning? I'm in for all day gaming action.

Today I just turned down a promotion (good), which would have entailed us moving to Germany for three years (even better), but I would have had to work 14-hour days and weekends... (not good at all) so, I bit bummed on the subject of Germany and thus Die Macher at the moment.

 
At 10:14 PM, April 03, 2007, Blogger Carlos said...

Ben, your place is here with us.

I'm sorry to hear that you are bummed. Germany would have been nice.

I may have family Easter obligations on Saturday, so I will see how much time I may be able to fit in. Saturday I am expecting my copy of Shadows Over Camelot to arrive.

 
At 11:09 PM, April 03, 2007, Blogger Ben said...

I just received Wallenstein. I'd really like to try it or perhaps Shogun. I'm always happy to host if no one else would like to.

 
At 11:10 AM, April 04, 2007, Blogger Ben said...

Other games I'm particularly wanting to play:

Catan, Struggle for Rome
Perikles
Viking Fury
Conquest of the Empire 2 (
WoW
Arkham Horror

 
At 11:18 AM, April 04, 2007, Blogger Rob said...

Ok ok...I give in. We can do some other games. Die Macher some other time. I could host (with coffee and glazed donuts or bagels), but we may have to be done by 1-2pm because that is usually the time when the realtors come by to see the house.

Shogun is great. I'd like to try Arkham avec Ben's expansion. Fire and Axe intrigues me.

So 8am at my place?

 
At 11:20 AM, April 04, 2007, Blogger Ben said...

I'll be there at 0800 hours. Can you resend the magic entry code?

 
At 11:21 AM, April 04, 2007, Blogger Rob said...

will be resent by telepathy, or ESP, or email....whichever works best.

 
At 12:47 PM, April 04, 2007, Blogger Rob said...

You know, if Steve could come, WoW may be an option... my brother may be interested in playing. We tried 2 player WoW and had to end it by rd ~15 (halfway), but still he loved it.

 
At 8:33 PM, April 04, 2007, Blogger Carlos said...

I have out of town guests, BUT if you start early enough and if the game is not an 8 hour game, then perhaps I could join in for a little while?

 
At 11:38 PM, April 04, 2007, Blogger Rob said...

Carlos, you are more than welcome. I thought we should start by 8am because my wife will be out to work by then.

So right now it's Ben, Carlos (?), and me. anyone else? My brother is still a maybe.

 
At 11:40 PM, April 04, 2007, Blogger Rob said...

BTW Carlos, I have no problem sticking to traditional 1-2hr long euros.

 
At 8:05 AM, April 05, 2007, Blogger Schifani said...

I'll be able to play. I need to get away from the house. My arm and wrist are crippled thanks to Guitar Hero II. It came out for the XBOX 360 2 days ago.

 
At 8:57 AM, April 05, 2007, Blogger Ben said...

Another Guitar Hero fanatic?

One of these days I'll upgrade to a next gen... until then I'm still slogging through FFX on the PS2. My wife knows the Final Fantasy music (which gets in your brain and won't leave) by heart now...

Anyone up for trying Wallenstein on SpielbyWeb?

 
At 9:59 AM, April 06, 2007, Blogger Jeff said...

I'm there this Saturday! Rob - I emailed you.

Amy and I played Wallenstein once on SBW. The interface, as is true with all SBW games, is very nice. We'd probably be up for an SBW game.

 
At 10:32 AM, April 06, 2007, Blogger Ben said...

Excellent. I'll set up a game and e-mail the password to any that are interested.

 
At 1:58 PM, April 06, 2007, Blogger Ben said...

******Late Breaking News*******

Rob can't host tomorrow.

We're playing at my house starting at 0800 hours.

I'll have coffee ready.

 
At 3:14 PM, April 06, 2007, Blogger Rob said...

Yes indeed. They just called me that the inspector is coming by to make sure things are where they should be for the sale. I was tempted to tell them NO, that they needed to wait because we were playing WoW.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home