Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Epic Battlelore game?

Monday I was able to play my daughter twice using Battlelore scenarios with full councils. I think she's got it, and she's enthusiastic about marshaling the flank forces if she and I ever team up for the epic version. I'm definitely prepared for an epic game should I get together with another Battlelore owner anytime soon. I've got the rules and some scenarios printed out and it seems like it will work well. It will be much easier once the extra board becomes easily available.

Saturday's gaming was great, thank you Jeff and Amy for hosting, and I saw 300 on Sunday. We have since played Plataea, Paraitacene, Gabiene, and Magnesia using CnC Ancients. My daughter plays anytime, my son requires a bribe, but even he enjoys re-rolling crossed sword hits with a successful elephant attack.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 1:28 PM, March 16, 2007, Blogger Ben said...

Plataea is probably my favorite of all ancient battles. I love how historically the Spartans sat huddled in their camp, refusing to attack despite the fact that the Persian horse archers were pummelling them from afar, all because the goats they were sacrificing didn't look "favorable". Finally, as all hope seemed lost, late in the battle, a final goat's insides turned out to be healthy and the Spartans burst forth like mad men, destroying the entire Persian army, taking their fortress, and sacking the city. They were a bit crazy, but, wow, they were tough as well.

 
At 1:54 PM, March 17, 2007, Blogger Schifani said...

Excellent, in the CnC system, inactivity and useless cards can be attributed to bad omens!

They didn't include my favorite, Chaironeia (many different spellings), but we may see it later in a magazine or bonus release.

 
At 6:09 PM, March 17, 2007, Blogger Ben said...

There is a user-created version of that battle here:

http://www.thewargamer.com/ccancients/modules.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home