Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Labels and Searching

Searchability

Once upon a time, Brian suggested we could improve the searchability of our blog by deleting planning posts. Tortured, quixotic soul that I am, I raised a contrary voice based on the idea that some one, some where might actually want to read all that cr...er stuff. I won't complain if anyone wants to delete their posts, but I don't plan on doing it myself.

Still, though, anything that increases searchability is a good thing. Enter the new blogger & labels.

Labels

I strongly advocate the use of labels on all posts. You can make one up if you want, but at this point you already have a pretty good set to pick from:

- administrative
- planning
- ramblings
- session report

These should cover the vast majority of our posts.

Labels are available in the lower right hand corner of the "create post" page.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 11:44 PM, January 10, 2007, Blogger Simon said...

I'm strongly against deleting any planning threads. They often contain session reports within the various replies as well as ye olde standard witty banter. No need getting rid of that for the 40mb tops we have in back logs which are also, incidentally, sorted by month.

 
At 8:14 AM, January 11, 2007, Blogger Ben said...

The labels are great, and I'll endeavor to use them when I remember to. If someone is really motivated about labels, I suppose they could go back to the very beginning and label all of our historical posts. I'd jump in front of a bus before considering to take on that job though... I think we're close to 500 posts right now.

I can't imagine why we'd ever want to delete the planning posts.

 
At 9:46 AM, January 11, 2007, Blogger Jeff said...

I actually go back and read the old stuff from time to time.

 
At 10:21 AM, January 11, 2007, Blogger Ben said...

Jeff, you old sentimental dog! You're bringing a tear to my eye.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home