Saturday, December 09, 2006

A long, long time ago. Coming Monday

Antiquity arrived earlier this week, so I'm bringing it Monday. This is another big game by Splotter, who did Indonesia and the ever-popular Broads & Oats. [Item #46]

Antiquity has players building up their cities and gathering resources from the countryside. Each city map (not shown) has a Princes of Florence like layout -- you have to fit your buildings into a grid. Some buildings (like fountains) are single squares. Other buildings are multiple squares of various shapes. The Cathedral is, of course, a cross. And how do you win? Well, that depends on your patron Saint (chosen when you build the cathedral). Some want you to be fruitful, multiply, and get a population of 20. Others want you to explore the world, build buidings, or gather relics. And they help you ... each Saint provides a different blessing. And Santa Maria ... she gives you all the benefits of other saints, but requires two victory conditions.


Another medium-long, low luck game from Splotter.

What else will be there? That depends on you! I suspect a few games of BattleLore may break out ...

7 Comments:

At 12:14 PM, December 09, 2006, Blogger Rob said...

Thanks Brian and Jeff for being the official Splotter Importers.

Looks pretty sweet. I don't think I'll be able to play (wife is off, and Jon and I are starting EastFront at noon...so that'll be pretty much my gaming for the day).

And yes, BattleLore is sweet. Tried it with Ben yesterday. Very niccceee. Just placed an order on ebay (with promo fig).

 
At 1:08 PM, December 09, 2006, Blogger Simon said...

I have my last final on Monday at 5pm. It shouldn't take too long since all I need to get is 14 pts. to garuntee an A in the class. I'll be bringing lots of new goodies. Maybe even Tumblin' Dice...

 
At 3:46 PM, December 09, 2006, Blogger Ted said...

Brian: this new game looks pretty cool. It's especially neat when there are various victory conditions, although it always makes me worry about game balance.

Never managed to play Indonesia.

I'll get there about 6:30 or so, and I'll bring a few Euros and a short wargame or two.

 
At 4:07 PM, December 09, 2006, Blogger Ben said...

I'll be there in spirit form only... In the mean time, I find it hard to contemplate playing anything other than BatteLore or Marvel Heroes.... well.... or, Descent or Doom....

 
At 4:23 PM, December 09, 2006, Blogger Dennis Ugolini said...

I'll be there, which means Marvel Heroes will be there too. I still haven't decided how much strategic choice there is in that game, but it's fun regardless.

 
At 12:28 AM, December 10, 2006, Blogger Rob said...

Ben: That's until Combat Commander shows up in 2 weeks.

 
At 7:42 AM, December 11, 2006, Blogger Jeff said...

Amy and I will be there. We want in on the game of Antiquity.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home