Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Fair Play Games

I found this announcement on the fairplaygames.com site interesting:

!!! IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL FAIR PLAY CUSTOMERS !!!Let me share with you some good news and some bad news. The good news is that our sales this year are 10 times what they were last year. The bad news is that we cannot keep up. Even with many new employees, we keep getting further behind. We are working 24/7 right now to process orders, but it is not enough. As much as we would like to keep taking orders, we have to shut down for a few days to try to get caught up. We know we will lose some business and we are sorry for the inconvenience. We plan on being down for about 3 or 4 days and hopefully open up the ordering again on Friday the 8th or Saturday the 9th. Please forgive us, The Fair Play Team

Ten times the volume of last year! I hope all game merchants, both online and brick-and-mortar, are enjoying similar success.

7 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, December 05, 2006, Blogger Ben said...

Very interesting. Too much business is a good problem to have. Timewellspent is expressing a similar sentiment on their website.

Rob, perhaps Rcube should rise again to cash in on some of this market share...

Dragon's Lair seems pretty busy lately, and the days I spend there I see steady, though light traffic through the day at the register. We're very lucky to have a functional FLGS in our town... One of these days I'll have to support it with more than just soft drink purchases.

 
At 4:01 PM, December 05, 2006, Blogger Simon said...

I went to DL last Sunday armed with a litany of gaming wants. Unfortunately, Dragon's Lair didn't have any of the stuff I was looking for. I'd like to buy FLGS now that my food to mouth and gas to tank ratios have improved, but it's kind of hard if there's nothing there to buy.

I'm still a little pissed I had to pay a buck a die for some matching Fussball dice. What a rip.

 
At 4:25 PM, December 05, 2006, Blogger Ben said...

I'm just happy DL continues to allow us to play there for free. I think the convenient location, big space, and open gaming policy have done a lot to support the existence and growth of SABG over the past year. For that reason alone I'll probably close my eyes, grit my teeth, and do a charity buy there sometime soon.

 
At 4:47 PM, December 05, 2006, Blogger Brian said...

For things like the Benelux Power Grid map, it's only a few bucks extra, and you get your grubby mitts on it fast. I'm looking at buying Imperial, and $60 games (which DL is unlikely to have anyway) are more temping targets for mail order.

 
At 11:01 PM, December 05, 2006, Blogger Rob said...

hmmmmm..... Imperial....yum.

I've bought stuff at DL, but generally not over $20.

 
At 8:00 AM, December 06, 2006, Blogger Dennis Ugolini said...

Things I've bought at DL:

Game of Thrones
Clash of Kings
Storm of Swords
Fury of Draculy
You Must Be an Idiot!
Dead Money

So they're getting a decent amount of business from me, at least.

 
At 11:10 PM, December 06, 2006, Blogger Ben said...

Speaking of shopping for game stuff. I discovered today at Wal-Mart that they sell a pack of 50 Ultrashield card protectors in a plastic deck box for only $2.95. A good bargain, but perhaps old news to others. I think DL is asking more for just the deck box.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home