Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Random Notes

All of the various and sundry owners of Leonardo da Vinci have led us astray, again! From the online rules:

  1. If everyone goes to the council, the last player doesn’t get the action! (Except in two player games).
  2. You don’t refill inventions on turns 8 and 9.

As penance, owners are sentenced to translate Titan the Arena's rules into Swahili, using original diagrams only.

At a convention earlier this year, I sold a game to Sheila Davis that she’d never seen before. Damned impressive. Made my weekend, although now I wonder if she was just being nice….

Confidential to Jeff – Up the voltage. Seriously, trained professionals are standing by.

6 Comments:

At 5:21 PM, November 21, 2006, Blogger Simon said...

Holy God... What the heck is her net worth?!?

 
At 6:10 PM, November 21, 2006, Blogger Brian said...

The bulk of those games were gotten via time, not money. (Searching flea markets, auctions, buying collections of 100s of games from estates). I mean, money was involved, but not retail.

I've met at least one person who has a collection that substantially dwarfs that one. [4x as large]. No pictures online though.

 
At 7:45 PM, November 21, 2006, Blogger Brian said...

Another random note, I've decided to test my luck with a math trade.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/17750

We'll see how it goes.

 
At 11:06 PM, November 21, 2006, Blogger Rob said...

holy crud! I actually do vaguely remember the no refilling inventions on rd's 8-9. But the other one? WOW. Completely missed it.

I think I left my game-learning lobe at bgg.con....14 new games learned in one weekend. That or I've just gotten lazy (even disenchanted? eeek!). Give me more Frank Zoo's!

 
At 11:12 PM, November 21, 2006, Blogger Rob said...

Now that we are in a chastising mood.... (note: Ben did have it right):


Q6. If I have started an invention in one of my Lab but the work-counter is still at zero (I haven’t actually
worked there yet) and I haven’t placed any men there, may I acquire from the Workshop the possibility of
upgrading the Lab or a mechanical man?


A. No. The Laboratory is still considered employed and cannot be upgraded.

Q13. I am working on an invention in my 3-space laboratory. I can’t use the Workshop to upgrade it on the 5-
space side, nor install here a mechanical man. Can I take from the Workshop my second laboratory, though?

A. Of course. Each laboratory is considered and resolved separately.

 
At 12:10 AM, November 22, 2006, Blogger Simon said...

...Party games rock!

It's Ok, I'll see myself to the door.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home