Tuesday, December 05, 2006

New Game Store: Game-A-Lot

For those of y'all familiar with Purple Cactus Comics, you might remember the store in the front where collectible games like Magic and Yu-Gi-Oh were sold. I used to be a regular there when I played the Legend of the Five Rings ccg and the owner of the store, Cliff, is a buddy of mine. Cliff recently moved Game-A-Lot out of Purple Cactus and has set up his own storefront on the corner of Huebner and Bandera. With the move he's expanding his selection to include Warhammer, other miniature games, and board games. Basically his store is going to cover all facets of gaming (he's even going to have a small arcade in his store). I talked with him on Sunday and he'd be interested in having a board gaming night at his store. His store has quite a lot of open gaming space (I'd say a little more than Dragon's Lair, just without the "private" rooms.). Maybe we could have a second gaming night during the week, like on Wednesday or Thursday?

11 Comments:

At 2:55 PM, December 05, 2006, Blogger Ben said...

Thanks for the news, Chad! Huebner & Bandera is a bit of a haul for me, but I'll have to check it out. Anything we can do to increase our group membership with good people who like to board game sounds great to me.

 
At 4:28 PM, December 05, 2006, Blogger Ben said...

I do like the name, Game-A-Lot.... sort of a play on Camelot or even Spamalot... :)

 
At 4:47 PM, December 05, 2006, Blogger Brian said...

I was just at Huebner and Bandera last week to replace my license plates.

Again.

I'm not bitter.

 
At 9:07 PM, December 05, 2006, Blogger Michael said...

I'm interested when I get back.

 
At 10:59 PM, December 05, 2006, Blogger Rob said...

That would work for me (just a bit farther than DL).

 
At 5:48 AM, December 06, 2006, Blogger Rick N said...

I could make it on some nights.

 
At 7:31 AM, December 06, 2006, Blogger Ted said...

Sounds interesting. I'm happy to check it out. It's actually a little closer for me than DL.

Always glad to hear about a new gaming store.

 
At 8:16 AM, December 06, 2006, Blogger Jeff said...

I'm with Ted: Always interested in a new game store.

 
At 9:45 AM, December 06, 2006, Blogger Ben said...

The closest FLGS for me is Atomic Comics on Broadway. One of these days I'll have to actually wander in there... I do like the name though.

 
At 1:00 PM, December 06, 2006, Blogger Simon said...

Are you sure they carry games, Ben? The DL is the only place other than Purple Cactus I know of that carries boardgames (Bob's Comics and Heroes and Fantasies don't).

 
At 1:16 PM, December 06, 2006, Blogger Ben said...

No, I'm not sure. In fact, I'm pretty doubtful... though this talk about it has made me more curious.

Speaking of comics, I should have Marvel Heroes in my hands next week!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home