Thursday, December 14, 2006

Here I Stand

I'd like to play Here I Stand on Monday. It's long, but that's why vacation exists. Start at 10am, play to whenever. Looking at the designers "Tips for new players", I suggest we assign powers in the comments (based on attendance) and play 4 or 5 turns.

Ben has the "Here I Stand in 20 minutes" article scanned. I can forward it around as needed. It's probably best to read the full rules at least once. I don't think I can explain it, and the last time I listened to someone explaining the rules, it took almost 2 hours. It would help if someone else brought a copy of the rules.

In general, I'm free for gaming during the week before Christmas (and potentially the week after), so other long games (on other days) are possible. 7 Ages, anyone?

A "no prize" for captioning the image.

[Rob -- if you need to leave at 4pm, I don't have a problem with letting you play and have someone take over if we need to go a bit longer].

15 Comments:

At 8:14 PM, December 14, 2006, Blogger Rob said...

Indeed I would have to leave by 4:15pm. But if we do start at 10am at it really takes 5 hrs, it would work perfectly ....assuming everyone reads the rules.

My copy still hasn't arrived, but will read the rules! Give me any side but the French (Luther! or Henry!).

 
At 9:09 PM, December 14, 2006, Blogger Al said...

I would be interested also. I'll read up on the rules and be by by 10 a.m.

Alvin

 
At 10:23 PM, December 14, 2006, Blogger Ben said...

I'll be working Monday. Have fun! I should be there at 5PM or so for the evening events.

BattleLore, anyone?

 
At 8:27 AM, December 15, 2006, Blogger Dennis Ugolini said...

"Oh! I've created Lutherans!"

 
At 9:36 AM, December 15, 2006, Blogger Ben said...

"I think I've spotted the chance that Simon will like this game!"

 
At 10:02 AM, December 15, 2006, Blogger Jeff said...

"Bart! I found rule 32.2.1.6a clause 9 subclause 3e!"

 
At 12:22 PM, December 15, 2006, Blogger Dennis Ugolini said...

"The die isn't cocked after all!"

 
At 4:29 PM, December 15, 2006, Blogger Simon said...

"Look! I found a game that Ben doesn't want to own!"

 
At 11:17 PM, December 15, 2006, Blogger Ben said...

Touche', mon ami!

 
At 7:08 AM, December 16, 2006, Blogger Rob said...

kids, are we done?

who's playing this?

 
At 8:44 AM, December 16, 2006, Blogger Brian said...

Right now it looks like Me, Rob & Al. Jon expressed interest last Monday; but hasn't commented. Perhaps he has a final?

I don't have a problem with three players, but that does mean we pack the game up when Rob leaves, without the option of finishing a turn or so.

 
At 4:35 PM, December 16, 2006, Blogger Jonathan W. said...

I do want to play this, but it looks like I will not be able to get to dragon's lair till about 4 or 5. Maybe the next time that it gets played I can get in on it.

 
At 8:59 PM, December 16, 2006, Blogger Ben said...

My comments are "ditto" of Jon's.

 
At 12:33 AM, December 17, 2006, Blogger Rob said...

Hmmm.... not looking good.

 
At 9:23 AM, December 18, 2006, Blogger Rob said...

Wednesday day looks good for me too for some extra long gaming (7ages if multiplayer, Shifting Sands/Europe Engulfed/East-WestFront/etc if it is only 2 players, etc). I go in to work at 1800 though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home