Sunday, April 23, 2006

I Have Returned!

Greetings, all! I'm now safely back from my brief tour of Pacific theater battle sites, e.g. Pearl Harbor, Guam, various locations in the Marianas. I've also now recovered from a hard case of jet lag over the weekend. Due to crossing the international dateline, my Friday was almost 48 hours long! Now that I'm back, I can't wait to start pushing cardboard and blowing up Meeples.

Being on the long jet ride from Guam to Houston gave me a great opportunity to catch up on wargame rulebook reading. I am now officially beside myself with excitement about For the People and WW2: Barbarossa to Berlin being reprinted. Paths of Glory seems as fun as Twilight Struggle with triple meat and extra cheese piled on top! I can't wait to play.

Alas, my true hope was that War of the Ring: Battles of the Third Age would have been released before I returned to the country, and my big preorder box would be waiting for my return with a yellow ribbon tied around it. Curses! It was not to be.

Unfortunately, I will miss the gaming session tomorrow (Monday) night. Being out of town for 2.5 weeks has left a ton of real life to catch up on, so I won't be back into full gaming form until next week. However, if someone would like to get together on Thursday night to play something, just shoot me an e-mail.

6 Comments:

At 2:33 AM, April 24, 2006, Blogger Simon said...

I doubt I can make Thursday so I'll just place my "Welcome back!" here instead.

I hope to push some cardboard with ya' soon!

 
At 3:39 AM, April 24, 2006, Blogger Michael said...

Welcome back. I'll have to see about Thursday but its probably bad.

 
At 9:06 AM, April 24, 2006, Blogger Rob said...

First day back in one of my last 2 tough rotations. I feel like it's going to be a bad day at work. . .

 
At 10:18 AM, April 24, 2006, Blogger Rob said...

oh and BTW, welcome back!

 
At 10:43 AM, April 24, 2006, Blogger Jonathan W. said...

Thursday actually looks good for me, perhaps we could have that Twilight Struggle rematch. I have class till 7:00pm so any time after that would be fine.

 
At 11:09 AM, April 24, 2006, Blogger Ben said...

Twilight Struggle on Thursday at 7PM sounds great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home