Sunday, March 26, 2006

I am Gilthoran

I am Gilthoran, currently a level 7 Dark Elf Rogue from Teldrassil. I'm here to tell you that I have taken over Rob's life.

He won't be having much boardgaming time thanks to me. I will be cutting away $15/month out of his monthly boargaming budget all because of his feeble mind. You see, I own him now. Last year he was able to cut himself lose from a human warlock in World of Warcraft online, but that doesn't compare to the dark seductive ways of the Dark Elves. There is no escape this time around. He was snared back to this world by peer pressure from some friends at work. You should have seen the pathetic look of childish glee on his face... "friends at work that actually play WoW?!!?". That's all it took. Weak.

Sure I'll let him play on 3/27, but I know he will be back. The wee hours of the night are mine. I'll make him stay up late, miss meals, forget showers, argue with his wife over me.... all part of the dark charm spell I cast on him.

When you don't see him boardgaming, you can find me, Gilthoran, future Rogue Master, on the Scarlet Crusade server. Come on... you know you also want to be charmed by us. Accept it. Let it surge through you. Pull out your credit card and join me in the dark side.....

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com

6 Comments:

At 6:49 PM, March 26, 2006, Blogger Jeff said...

Rob! Noooooooooooooooo!

There's still hope, though. Caylus has been reprinted, and Brian has a copy. Caylus can save you. Caylus can do anything. You'll still stay up late, miss meals, forget showers, and argue with your wife, but it won't cost $15/month and you'll get to look real flesh and blood people in the eye. Wouldn't you rather shuffle wooden cubes and heavy tiles around than quest for epic items?

 
At 7:03 PM, March 26, 2006, Blogger Simon said...

As much as I both fear and pity your plight, Rob, WoW is probably much better than Caylus.

Perhaps my recently acquired Bonaparte at Marengo would better interest you.

(Nothing like having a supportive group of friends all trying to get you addicted to different things!)

 
At 7:24 PM, March 26, 2006, Blogger Ben said...

Scarlet Crusader server, eh?
.
.
.
.
....reaching for card...
..Nooo! Must finish building dice tower first!

 
At 9:20 PM, March 26, 2006, Blogger Rob said...

Yes...Ben.... I was mainly addressing my post to you...

Guys? Who posted this? Me addicted to WoW? Never. I promised I'd never go back. (hehehe)

Caylus? One addiction for another indeed. I seem to have missed the short second run that just came out. Oh well....will have to wait until May.

Bonaparte? When aparte?

Dice Tower? Ben, I'm back to a more normal 8-5 schedule this month. Let me know what weekday we could finish our masterpiece.

 
At 11:01 PM, March 28, 2006, Blogger Ben said...

Human Mage Benjamino is now level 7 on the Scarlet Crusade server... I started out playing a gnome, but it was far too annoying being that short.

 
At 9:16 AM, April 03, 2006, Blogger Ben said...

Dennis (dwarf warrior) and I teamed up for some quick troglodyte killing last night. We're both now around level 13. Maybe we should start a SABG Guild?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home