Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Off Topic: Duel of the Fates Tournament Podcast

Like perhaps a few of you, I'm a geek. As a geek, there's a few things I just can't resist. One of those is imagining conflicts that never existed between my favorite characters (e.g., Star Trek vs. Star Wars). That's what this podcast is all about, though from a very light-hearted, tongue-in-cheek point of view. Anyway, the show is already on a second full tournament, but there's time to catch up if you're interested. Tournament One featured these characters locked in mortal combat:

1) Tomi (from Spherical Tomi); (never heard of this one before)
2) Spider-Man
3) Captain James T. Kirk
4) Ash (from Evil Dead)
5) Godzilla
6) Starbuck from the original Battlestar Galactica (Dirk Benedict)
7) Harry Potter
8) HAL-9000 (from 2001)
9) Gandalf
10) Darth Vader

Tournament 2 is even weirder. Here's the link: Link. Please excuse this off-topic silliness. Oh, wait, this is on topic. If anyone else likes this genre, I now have the full set of Duel of Ages, and I hoping someone might like to try it out with me sometime...

3 Comments:

At 8:00 AM, March 23, 2006, Blogger Jeff said...

I'd hate to root against either Kirk or Spider-man, but my money's on Godzilla in that fight. I'll have to visit their website.

I've been wanting to give Duel of Ages (and WoW:THe boardgame) a spin, so count me in for those. Feels like I've had a lot of last-minute stuff throwing off my gaming schedule in the last couple of weeks. Hopefully that's all past and I get be a regular geek again.

 
At 3:55 PM, March 23, 2006, Blogger Simon said...

You know I'm really, really surprised MacGyver isn't in the tourney. -Or freakin' Chuck Norris!

We all know how it really turns out anyway:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/285267

 
At 9:15 PM, March 23, 2006, Blogger Ted said...

You've got Duel of Ages, too?! I just picked up the basic set from DL on their discount table. It looks pretty cool, and I orded some expansions from Rob.

I definitely want to try it out. Duel of Ages looks very cool. Unfortunately, the next few weeks look a little tough for me at work (I seem to be saying that a lot recently...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home