Sunday, February 19, 2006

Preparing for Mondays marathon over the weekend

After finishing at Jeffs house on Friday, some friends of mine arrived to stay at my house in preparation for a marathon in Austin this morning. When the temperatures went subzero though, we decided to make it a board gaming weekend instead. How does about 28 hours of board games over two days sound.

The big highlight besides the fact that I've had next to no sleep over the past two days was that Tigris and Euphrates hit the table for the first time for all of us. We had a few rules glitches in the first game but had them all ironed out by the second. I haven't rated any games on BGG yet, but tentatively I would have to put it above any other game I've played so that was a pretty nice outcome. I got my butt handed to me in both games of T&E (tied for last and distant second), won a tight game of Powergrid, played about 15 games of High Society with various results, lost my shirt in a couple of no limit tournaments, got backstabbed by a friend nicknamed "the snake" in mission risk (maybe I should have possibly seen that coming) and watched as my wife destroyed us all at Air Baron by using the old be completely non agressive and let the boys destroy eachother strategy to masterful effect.

I will be recuperated by tomorrow morning though so no worries. Can't wait to add another 10-12 hours of gaming in for the long weekend.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 8:03 PM, February 19, 2006, Blogger Rob said...

(jealous guy over here).

See y'all tomorrow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home