Saturday, January 23, 2010

You've been...Thunderstoned!


Let me join Rob (and jump the rest of the chorus) and thank Anne for hosting. Lots of new games were played, including Thunderstone. In my judgement (ha!) a pretty good game. And note (to Michael, Jon and Fred, and maybe Rob) we had a rule wrong, as Tim Isakson commented on my review. As for the other games played, I know about:
  • Dominion (all expansions)
  • Ticket to Ride: Europe (I think)
  • Roll through the Ages
  • Cuba (with expansion)
  • Notre Dame
  • Princes of Florence
  • Eat a bunch of candy when the parents aren't looking
  • That weird "Red White and Blue rectangular cube game on a city map" (Amytis?)
  • I'm sure I'm missing a few ...
Let me also thank Rob ... I was skeptical about the whole meetup thing, but it's worked out well.

Anyway, our next (regularly scheduled) gaming is Monday Night, of course! I'll be there, looking older than normal. RSVP in the comments

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 10:59 PM, January 23, 2010, Blogger Anne said...

Thanks to everyone for showing up! It was a pleasure to meet your family, Brian!

I was pleased with the turnout. Next time I'll definitely put a call out for folks to bring a few spare folding chairs and/or a folding table.

The red white and blue rectangular cube game was Metropolys, I believe.

There were 7 of us still around after the bulk of you left and we got in a game of Shadow Hunters, gaining some new fans of the quick little game where we all bond via hunting and killing each other.

I should be there for Monday gaming. I stand to arrive between 6 and 7, depending on when my penance in the gym is complete.

 
At 12:29 AM, January 24, 2010, Blogger Rob said...

yeah to Dominion clones!

The Cuba expansion? Well, seems like too much going on, but it does add a lot more variety to the base game. Refreshing.

Everything else was great including the food, the company, the gaming...

 
At 12:35 AM, January 24, 2010, Blogger Rob said...

The first time I played Thunderstone, I was annoyed by the fact that monster strength is all over the place. My first reaction was to try to come up with a way to have some wimpy monsters at the beginning, and some bigger baddies towards the end....more along the lines of RPG video games.

But I'm not as annoyed any more by that. It works just fine. The endgame though? Yes, wonky indeed.

 
At 9:09 AM, January 24, 2010, Blogger scott said...

Thanks to Anne for hosting; you went above and beyond the call and all of us appreciate it greatly. I will be at DL Monday probably a bit before 6.

 
At 11:22 PM, January 24, 2010, Blogger Unknown said...

Maybe its wishful thinking, but I want to play Tichu. But I do not have a Tichu deck. Just throwing it out there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home