Sunday, November 29, 2009

What happens in Dungeon Crawling ...

... stays in dungeon crawling! The words "This doesn't go on the blog" were specifically invoked. So I'm afraid that those of you who missed gaming for something so trivial as writing, sleeping, or science will have to just imagine the funny that happened. Because it was funny. Oh my.

Scott and I opened with a game of Blue Moon. Then, after Jacqui got back from some errands we tried my copy of Homesteaders (graciously brought back from BGG.Con by Toggy). I have high expectations for this game, and so far I'm pleased with the results. A complicated auction/resource management game is right up my alley.

The we broke out Dungeon Lords. And played it twice. Paladins were dispatched to our dungeons, then (sometimes) dispatched by our dungeons. Fireballs were flung. Trolls did things to Imps that should not be mentioned on a family blog. Life and Death and Taxes, Tears and Laughter, Dragons, Devils and Slime! And Imps. And at the end of the game, kissing! Bet you didn't expect that! But you don't get the story, you who skip gaming.

So, here's the thing. The truly great stories all deal with redemption. (Successful, or non-). So, you have your very own chance to redeem yourself and earn some stories tomorrow night, at Dragon's Lair. Will Imps be there? Of course, who can stop those little guys?

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

At 10:25 AM, November 29, 2009, Blogger Anne said...

I'll be there tomorrow night. I look forward to the prospect of playing Dungeon Lords!

 
At 10:45 AM, November 29, 2009, Blogger scott said...

I will be there tomorrow night. I am hoping for some other booty from BGGcon to appear but failing that would be very happy playing Homesteaders a/o Dungeon Lords again (although I must say I am leaning a bit more to the former over the latter).

 
At 11:27 AM, November 29, 2009, Blogger pat said...

My Dungeon lords lesson to be learned: don't be a greedy monster grabber until you manage your resources.

kissing??

Thanks for hosting!

 
At 12:48 PM, November 29, 2009, Blogger Ben said...

My strategy on Dungeon Lords: Go evil (max) early. If you're grabbing the killer monsters, even the Paladin is a pushover and harvesting his corpse even provides a few bonus VPs.

 
At 1:55 PM, November 29, 2009, Blogger Brian said...

In the full game, however, upping your evil-meter is a cost and if you are maxed you can't voluntarily up it (say, to pay a monster's salary). Which means that a max-ed evil lord will have a bunch of monsters leaving come pay day.

 
At 4:25 PM, November 29, 2009, Blogger Fred Bush said...

As a prospective evil warlord, I would expect my monsters to get paid on commission by looting the corpses of the adventurers. Any monster that refused to work on such a basis is insufficiently devoted to the evil cause.

I'll be there tomorrow.

 
At 5:38 PM, November 29, 2009, Blogger Unknown said...

I will be there tomorrow. Unsure if i will be playing with ya'll or RPGing.

 
At 8:13 PM, November 29, 2009, Blogger seanp said...

I'll be there tomorrow as well - and will have Dungeon Lords in tow if we want two games going at the same time! :) I'll also have the new Power Grid maps, Power Boats, and the gnomish submarine game - but I think some of you already previewed that one.

Tiffany is the one with the loot - she MUST bring At the Gates of Loyang... I couldn't afford the $80 it cost to buy Peloponnese, so bring mediocre loot.

 
At 9:20 PM, November 29, 2009, Blogger Rob said...

Awesome. It sounds like we'll have a mini BGG con. I never got to try Dungeon Lords, so that would be cool. I was only able to get an intro from Chris. It sounded great.

My brother should be there tomorrow too.

I'll bring Stronghold... my only BGG con acquisition. It's all kinds of awesome. But I'll be ok if I don't play it. I wish I had picked up Hansa Teutonica. I'll bring some other 'classic' or two just in case.

 
At 2:20 AM, November 30, 2009, Blogger Michael said...

I'm flying back on Tuesday and will be up for stuff after that.

 
At 8:02 AM, November 30, 2009, Blogger scott said...

Stronghold, Power Boats, Red November (that is the gnome sub game right?), and Gates of Loyang and even the new Power Grid maps all sound great to me although with only 2.5 hours of playing time I am probably limited to 1 or best case 2; I will be out for anything this weekend and out for next Monday so my last shot; just hope you all have not burned out on everything by the time I am back in play.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home