Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Say Psychic

Let's see ... Anne, Pat and I played Endeavour. Then we added Tiffany and Rob, and played Endeavour. Then some FITS (minus Anne and Pat, but adding Sean). By then Rob's friend Dan had arrived and we played Say Anything. Here our story begins.

Tiffany (I think) got the question "In my opinion, what would be the hardest thing to sell door to door." I quickly wrote an answer and tossed it into the middle. As did Dan. And then I took his answer and stacked it on mine. "These are the same."

Now I've met Dan for a session or two a while ago, and he's been at Dragon's Lair maybe fifteen minutes, but I was completely convinced we had written the same answer. When everyone else had put in, I flipped over our two tiles, then slid the top from the bottom to reveal ... the same answer.

If you care to guess the answer in the comments, we'll see if anyone else is psychic. During FITS I'm pretty sure that Tiffany was using her Ghostbusters training to see the cards ahead of time.

Then, just to ruin the mood, I came in last in a game of Race. I blame the luminous ether for not shutting the hell up.

(Be sure to check out the rest of the xkcd comic).

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 4:55 PM, October 20, 2009, Blogger Brian said...

You know, I'm really pissed I've never had this much psychic ability when I'm playing serious poker.

 
At 6:47 PM, October 20, 2009, Blogger Dennis Ugolini said...

Was it "doors"?

 
At 7:47 PM, October 20, 2009, Blogger Iain said...

Ha, that was my guess

 
At 9:09 PM, October 20, 2009, Blogger Ben said...

Sticking with the Halloween holiday spirit....

Coffins?

 
At 9:59 PM, October 20, 2009, Blogger Brian said...

I didn't say it was a difficult answer. Yes, it was doors. You've got to start small with psychic powers, otherwise your head explodes.

 
At 10:54 PM, October 20, 2009, Blogger Rob said...

lol... good game night. Dan and I wrapped things up with a 2 player game of Neuroshima. Good stuffs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home