Friday, June 12, 2009

In which we are dissed as posers

It's right here, but you'll have to look carefully, it's subtle. Let me help you ...
I’ve been unable to find anyone in [San Antonio] who plays Cities & Knights Of Catan. Settlers players are a dime a dozen in any city with a large underground geek population, but very few have the courage to step up their game to the hardcore grind that is C&K,
Geek pissing wars are always a lose-lose, so I'll just note that someone has already pointed the author to this website. I am packing plenty of snark, though, should any wars erupt, as you would expect.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 4:39 PM, June 12, 2009, Blogger Unknown said...

Hmm. This appeared in chit chat. I think. Its been a loooooong day.

 
At 8:02 PM, June 12, 2009, Blogger Ben said...

Settlers C&K is a "hardcore grind?"

 
At 8:20 PM, June 12, 2009, Blogger Brian said...

Hey, I've got my snark packed, don't make me unpack it.

 
At 8:34 PM, June 12, 2009, Blogger Unknown said...

I have Settlers ranked higher than BSG. I think.

 
At 12:25 PM, June 14, 2009, Blogger Rob said...

C&K hardcore? lol...

BTW, Brian, speaking of hardcore, I think you'll enjoy Automobile. I REALLY liked it. Would be interested in seeing what you think as a more experienced Wallacee (at least when it comes to his other economic masterpiece, Age of Steam. I have mainly played his newer stuff....Brass, After the Flood, and now Automobile).

 
At 3:27 PM, June 14, 2009, Blogger seanp said...

Ugh. Cities and Knights is hardcore only in the "grind" sense... Nothing like being in a clearly losing position with 2+ hours to go in a game... It's a fun game if it's close, but there needs to be a mercy rule for any game lasting longer than three hours. Maybe it was just the crowd I was playing it with... They got pissy with me when I started making choices based on making the game end quickly, instead of "rewarding" the best player...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home