Thursday, April 09, 2009

The Taxman Cometh

A friendly little reminder--this is the last weekend before Uncle Sam wants his chunk of your change.

So, if you've got your taxes done, you're welcome to come over Saturday at 9am (yes, I will crawl out of bed and make my store run earlier this time) and celebrate your refund or forget about your indebtedness for a while.

Thinking about a short list for games this weekend:
Twilight Imperium- it's been 9 months since we've last played. Carlos and I have been talking about TI3 for a couple of weeks, and Ben and I have been destroying digital spaceships on the PC the past few nights, all of which have me wanting to play the board game. C'mon folks, it's about time.

Age of Conan- I know the game last weekend was generally well received, and although Ben's kitchen pass is probably used up for April, I think Jon has a copy, so we could try that if he brings it.

The other games don't really need quite as much advanced planning. Plus, I'm sure if one of these hits the table, the group will probably split so that there will be alternatives.

18 Comments:

At 1:59 PM, April 09, 2009, Blogger Dennis Ugolini said...

My wife's parents will be in town. That doesn't mean I *can't* come...it just means I'll have to be especially crafty.

 
At 2:28 PM, April 09, 2009, Blogger Unknown said...

As much fun as Twilight and Age of Conan sound I will make an appearance if there are other things played. Rock Band could be one of those games. I need something fun after this week.

 
At 2:45 PM, April 09, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No worries, Tiff. We'll pick something everyone wants to play. Come on over--we're not going to play anything that will leave someone out.

 
At 5:52 PM, April 09, 2009, Blogger Travis and Katy said...

I should be able to come; Jon if it looks like Conan is possible, let us know, I will study the rules. TI sounds great too but I don't want to slow down an already long game.

 
At 8:00 PM, April 09, 2009, Blogger Ben said...

Kitchen pass needs health.... badly!

I eagerly await the session report.

 
At 8:14 PM, April 09, 2009, Blogger Brian said...

To say that I may possibly attend is to grossly understate the incompetence of American Airlines, DFW airport, and all involved parties.

So, I'm probable. I should know tomorrow ish.

 
At 9:15 PM, April 09, 2009, Blogger scott said...

I am very doubtful I am afraid but also look forward to the session report.

 
At 10:57 PM, April 09, 2009, Blogger Unknown said...

I shall be in attendance. With some of my games. Vain hope I know. But I can dream, right?

 
At 11:05 AM, April 10, 2009, Blogger Brian said...

Did I say probable? I'm in. Most of the sordid tale is here.

 
At 1:34 PM, April 10, 2009, Blogger Unknown said...

Brian, does this mean that I bring the previously mentioned muffins?

 
At 2:25 PM, April 10, 2009, Blogger Brian said...

Muffins for passover! (I've already had donuts and brownies ....)

 
At 6:45 PM, April 10, 2009, Blogger Ben said...

Hooray! My taxes are done. Now back to Diablo II leveling...

 
At 7:01 PM, April 10, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I made my store run tonight. Crazy, I know. But I'll be here at 9am tomorrow.

 
At 7:25 PM, April 10, 2009, Blogger Unknown said...

I will bring muffins. If they get eaten good. if not, that is OK too.

 
At 8:25 PM, April 10, 2009, Blogger Dennis Ugolini said...

I have been especially crafty. Which means I'm in!

 
At 8:26 PM, April 10, 2009, Blogger Dennis Ugolini said...

Oh, and I have a hankering for more C&C Ancients, if anyone is up for that.

 
At 10:15 PM, April 10, 2009, Blogger Unknown said...

Jon and I should be there at something approximating the correct time.

I will be bringing my xbox.

Did anyone get the spongebob pack? Come on...it's SPONGEBOB.

 
At 10:31 PM, April 10, 2009, Blogger Schifani said...

I'll be there as soon as my clients take their last test to complete ground school. Probably shortly after 10, and possibly ahead of Jon and Michael, who are still struggling with daylight savings time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home