Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Random Thoughts of the Week

So... BSG is over... kind of. I won't let spoilers fly here, as I know there are a few folks still wading through the DVDs. Overall I suppose I was satisfied with the ending as long as I don't think about it for more than 60 seconds at a time. Nice space battle scenes though. Somehow I don't see an expansion set for the board game forthcoming. I have an idea, but its too spoiler-laden to present here. Anyway.... on to Caprica and The Plan. I mean.... what else is there to watch?

April 1st is an official, all-day board game fest at work. I'm thinking Axis and Allies might be a good way to kill a workday, yet still familiar enough to lure the unsuspecting into my web. I may downgrade to Star Wars Risk or even Epic Duels, though I'm not sure I trust coworkers with the cards. I like this new post-Bush federal government.

So I'm officially BGG.con registrant number 1,200. I wonder what the registration cap will be. When I attended in 2007, it certainly didn't feel like 1,000 people there. I'm safely nestled in at the Red Roof across the street in at $47/night with two double beds non-smoking. If anyone in SABG is interested in splitting, I may be interested.

Fallout 3 DLC #2 is supposedly coming out this week. I thought the first one was pretty meh, so I'm taking a wait and see approach. I'd like to get the CoD: WaW map pack, but only if other XBL Friends are doing so as well. The new zombie map looks like a hoot.

Yep.... I'm deep in fourth place in the SABG tournament bracket. ND plays Kentucky tomorrow to potentially get in the NIT Final 4, though I'm sure everyone is already following the NIT closely. When does football start?

Gamestop is selling WoW CMG starter sets for $8 and boosters for $4. Pretty cheap stuff if you're at all interested.

Okay... I smell the vaporous fingers of hot pepperoni pizza beckoning me away to the kitchen. I'm out of here.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 8:53 PM, March 24, 2009, Blogger Dennis Ugolini said...

I think they start the registration numbers at 1000. I was something like 1465 last time I went, and there were only ~600 people there.

 
At 11:12 PM, March 24, 2009, Blogger Brian said...

I have no strong intention of following BSG anymore. The Coda to the last episode burned away any residual goodwill.

 
At 10:17 AM, March 25, 2009, Blogger Unknown said...

That re roof in is still a very very very tempting offer. I have to talk with friends in the dallas area about late night/early morning comings an goings, or random BGG con attenders who might want roomies before I book a hotel though.

 
At 8:15 PM, March 26, 2009, Blogger Rob said...

I thought the final BSG episode was really good. Too bad it's over.

Re: BGG con
I really want to go again. Professionally, I don't know what I'll be doing in nov this year.... the future, clouded is...

 
At 8:17 PM, March 26, 2009, Blogger Ben said...

Get your priorities straight, buddy! You can always work. BGG.con only comes once per year.

 
At 8:53 AM, March 28, 2009, Blogger Ted said...

Meredith and a gang went to see the final episode at the Alamo draft house. We couldn't get a babysitter, so I had to stay home w/ Henry.

What else to watch? What about Terminator? I like it quite a bit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home