Monday, February 16, 2009

SCBG


I have a sudden urge to purchase Starcraft the Board Game. I have been reading the rules online and they seem a little complex, but nothing I can't handle. A matter of fact, complex is good. I'm going to be heading down to DL tonight to check it out, i believe they charge about $80.00 for it. If anybody has played it please give me some feedback and let me know if its worth the money. I have been really impressed playing FFG War of the Ring, it is truly a master piece. And I use to be a huge fan of Star craft the Video game back in the late 90's. And I will be purchasing part 2 later this year (if it ever comes out).



Anyway, ill be down at DL tonight sometime checking out the board games, I was also reading up on Memoir 44 and Arkham Horror. Anybody ever play these? I hear they are great games as well and may be on my shopping list before to long. So if your at DL tonight, I'll be there with my decked out version of WOTR if anybody is up for a challenge. If you see a really tall guy reading the backs of Board games, that's me! My name is Joe! Hope to see you there!

4 Comments:

At 7:27 PM, February 16, 2009, Blogger Brian said...

I have Starcraft, but haven't played it (yet, I've had it about a year). It looks good, but ...

 
At 8:18 PM, February 16, 2009, Blogger Unknown said...

You should set up a game next weekend Brian. I wouldn't object to that at all. ;)

 
At 8:35 PM, February 16, 2009, Blogger Ben said...

I own all the games you mentioned...

If you're looking for quick easy fun, Memoir '44 is the best of the three.

Arkham Horror is my favorite game of the three if you're into the theme and don't mind cooperative games. Complexity is relatively high, probably a step up from War of the Ring.

Star Craft is my least favorite of the three, though I really want to like it. I want so much to like it, I picked up the Brood War expansion, which adds another 20 pages of rules, but also patches and expands the base game by replacing a bunch of the components. I've played twice (about about a year ago), and the game has collected dust ever since. Still, with the expansion now in hand I am somewhat motivated to try the patched version. Oh... and for goodness sakes, don't pay full retail!

I solo played the first half of Android vs. two bot players (i.e., controlled by me) this evening. I have to say its a tad more involved than Arkham Horror, though not too difficult once you figure out where to go / what to do just like the first time you play Arkham.

 
At 6:43 PM, February 17, 2009, Blogger scott said...

You could try to set up games of any of the 4 (Android, Starcraft, Memoir 44, or Arkham) for next Monday and I would probably be in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home