Sunday, January 18, 2009

Saturday Gaming.

Session report in brief.

I arrived. Steve and Chris were present. We loitered. Dennis, then Jon and Michael arrived. Some played rock band. We didnt.

Prophecy was played. LIke slight better than Talisman. Might be cause of the house rules. Might be cause Michael didn't kill me off (he wasn't in the game) but he did suggest it to the others). It is like a short 1-4 hours RPG for multi players. I still like FInal Fantasy better. But that is neither here nor there (Dennis, me, Chris and Jon played)

A few rock band songs were attempted.

Then Dominion was played (Me, Chris, Brian). I think I did well. We did the pick a random 10 cards variant. And I had not played with the witch and/or garden. Then Chris and I got to figure out how to put things back in the box. Which was fun. And I mean that. (As a side note, i have far too much fun organizing other peoples stuff. So anything wants something organized/sorted let me know.)

Ave, Caesar was played. I did better than my first game. Ended up in a 3 way tie for 2nd. Decent game. Relies entirely too much on luck of the card draw and not enough on skill. Or player choice for me too love it. Which now that I think about it might be my issue with Talisman, Prophecy and Descent. Its those pesky dice. Or something.

Then I went to work and counted cells. The others did Something. Then left at a reasonable hour of before dinner. Or so I hear.

3 Comments:

At 7:04 PM, January 18, 2009, Blogger Brian said...

It was fun, even though I only got to play Dominion and a set of Rock Band. The shine of Dominion as a FTF game is definitely waning.

 
At 8:21 PM, January 18, 2009, Blogger scott said...

I would actually like to play more Dominion FTF but I guess it is being overtaken by other games and those that really want to play are getting their fill on line?

 
At 9:39 PM, January 19, 2009, Blogger Unknown said...

Dominion FTF is OK. A lot of shuffling. BSW is good for Dominion, but it also required a decent knowledge of the cards, at least if one wants to play in a timely fashion.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home