Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Playing Unassisted Triples


In the real world, Asdrubal Cabrera turned the 14th unassisted triple play last night. Good for him. (He then tossed the ball to the fans and, at least according to one report, let out an anguished "Oh no!").

In the SABBL, I hosted Chris's league leading team. The whatever he calls them.

In the opener, I only had 6 hits, but four of them were HRs (and I had several warning track shots). I won 5-3.

In the second, Chris rolled 6-9 six times during 9 innings (about 40-45 rolls). Unfortunately for me (and Micah Owings ERA), that's a triple double split. So Chris, in that one game, got as many triples as I've gotten all season (3). (And yes, Micah Owings pitched 7 fatigued innings. He only had one strikeout converted to a single, but those damn triples kept popping up). I pulled together a 4 run rally in the 8th, but managed to lose 13-4.

In the last game, Barry Zito was yanked in the top of the fifth after giving up a walk and run (breaking up his perfect game and no hitter, respectively), since it was a high-leverage situation and I had Marmol up. Sadly, Marmol's card didn't enter into it and my one run lead vanished. I lost 4-1.

The only other stat of note (since I can't bear to look at my stats) ... Moises Alou sat all three games. Slacker. He's sat out 8 of 16 games.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 7:55 AM, May 15, 2008, Blogger Dennis Ugolini said...

Crazy stat I heard:

Last night C.C. Sabathia pitched a complete-game shutout. That completed a full turn through the Cleveland starting rotation (five pitchers) in which the starters went 43 consecutive innings without giving up a run! What's worse is that they lost one of those games, when closer Rafael Betancourt gave up three runs in the 10th inning of a scoreless game.

 
At 1:12 PM, May 15, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking at my stats after I threw them into the spreadsheet, I noticed something that also struck me as a little odd.

I scored 13 runs in the second game without hitting a home run. I have only 2 out of the other 14 games I've played this season in which I have failed to hit a home run. In those games I scored 0 runs and 2 runs, and I lost both. 13 runs seems like a lot to score without the benefit of at least ONE home run. Just odd.

Anyone interested in posting some stats? Anyone have someone who is really overperforming or underperforming compared to their strat cards? (I know its still a small sample size.) I've got my batting stats done but still need to crunch a few pitching stats before I post them. I'll post mine soon (likely in this post as long as it doesn't disappear to the archive too soon), and figured I'd invite anyone else to post stats that interest them.

 
At 4:43 PM, May 15, 2008, Blogger Brian said...

The Cleveland Streak was broken earlier this afernoon ... in the 3rd, I think.

As for stats, I've got them, but I figured I wait until I finish my series with Michael, then I can post my "After 1 series vs everyone" stats.

 
At 6:58 PM, May 15, 2008, Blogger scott said...

I can try to post my stats through my first 12 games; I just was not sure if emailng the spreadsheets around might not make sense instead or how to format/post in a usable fashion? I am hoping I can get my Michael and Sean series in so I can do my once through stats and status.

 
At 9:23 PM, May 15, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, that sounds good. I need to play Michael, too. Then I'll have played everyone once as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home