Friday, April 11, 2008

Quick Notes from Ohio

In no particular order:

1) You should see the game customization up here. I've pre-ordered Agricola (as have several of you), but the amount of work some people have done on their sets is amazing. (Scrounging pieces from other games to have actual sheep, cattle, boars, donkey, goat. Buying nice coins (at $1 each) to use for components. Wow. I'll review Agricola once I'm back (and post it to my blog and BGG).

2) There's a celebrities variant that's amusing. Many stories.

3) Played a prototype of a strat-like baseball game. 500 All Stars represented so far. Down 1-0 in the top of the ninth, runner on first, two outs and I smack a home run. You get one guess who hit it, Dennis. Up one run in the bottom of the ninth with two outs, I gave up a single to tie it, but eventually won it 4-2 in the 17th. (Ted Williams giving me a heart attack by dropping a fielding error in the bottom of the 17th to put runners on 1st and 2nd)... It will be a very limited print run, but I'll get one (if I can).

4) Jacqui made it up. Giving that she was flying on American (originally), that was not at all guaranteed. Many people were stranded by the collapse of Skybus.

5 Comments:

At 1:30 PM, April 11, 2008, Blogger Unknown said...

You had me at celebrities variant.

 
At 10:24 PM, April 11, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me guess,

no muppets, superheroes, Simpsons characters, or Star Wars characters.

Now that'd just be crazy.

Have a good time, Brian--look forward to the stories when you get back.

 
At 9:12 AM, April 12, 2008, Blogger Dennis Ugolini said...

Sounds like Todd Helton was bored from inactivity and decided to go dominate someone else's game. Surprised he didn't double, though.

 
At 10:12 AM, April 12, 2008, Blogger Rob said...

Excellent. What about Stone Age? Seems to be getting a lot of buzz based on the podcasts (Garrett's Games and Geekiness).

 
At 6:07 PM, April 12, 2008, Blogger Unknown said...

Dominate celebrities you mean?

And where are you Dennis? We needed our drummer today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home