Saturday, August 25, 2007

Saturday Board Gaming




It looks like I'm the first one to report in, so I'll log my portion of today's session report. Games I played (with the winner):

Cartagena (Ben)
Zooloretto (Michael)
Phoenicia (Jon, with much gnashing of teeth by Michael)
6 Nimmt (Steve)
Star Wars Queen's Gambit (Ben)

By far the most fun I had during the day was SW:QG, a fantastically exciting and enjoyable board game. Steve and I fought a close battle throughout the game, with me leading the evil forces. Darth Maul barely managed to cut down the two Jedi, but then only had enough strength to cleave down 4-5 of the Queen's guards before falling himself. It actually felt like I was playing Descent instead for a few minutes.

Fortunately, by that time I pretty much won the Battle of Naboo, and Anakin couldn't seem to get his starfighter to fly anywhere near the Droid Control Ship. Eventually, my droids in the palace slowly ground down the Queen's body guards until I finally wiped them out just outside the throne room.... cue the Imperial March now!

Unfortunately amidst all of the excitement, I forgot to lead the race draws for next Monday's TI:3 game. I'll try to do so on Monday evening if there ends up being a session then. If not, then maybe not until next Saturday unless everyone wants to trust me on the honor system to randomly pick the race pairs.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8:57 AM, August 26, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

As Ben said, we started off by playing Cartangena, and Jon arrived as we were beginning play, so after Cartangena we split.

Jeff, Scott, and I played Maharaja, TransAmerica, and finally California, which I don't know if I didn't like or if I just was really, really good at making bad decisions.

Then Michael joined the three of us for Goa, which doesn't see enough play (in my opinion).

Afterwards, I had to step out to work briefly, and I retrieved Tiffany. When we got back, Jeff, Scott, and Michael were playing Acquire, so Tiffany and I played Lost Cities.

Finally, Jeff, Michael, Tiffany, and I wrapped the evening up with Cribbage and a tightly contested game of Puerto Rico, with the point spread being a mere nine points.

All-in-all it was a great day, with a variety of games played. Thanks, everyone, for coming over! We had a good time.

 
At 9:11 PM, August 27, 2007, Blogger Rob said...

Wow, great reports.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home