Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Duel of Ages

Found this on BGG:

"I still very much enjoy this game, especially when the mix of characters leads to a game which involvs more than just running to the labyrinths over and over."

It captures my experience with the game. First time out was a blast. Second time it felt a little flat. The great fun part is the player interaction and combat, IMHO, and for whatever reason we didn't seem to have as much the second game.

I wonder about scattering random items around the board to help speed up the game a bit.

Another idea I read is to give more points for killing opponents.

1 Comments:

At 6:02 AM, August 03, 2006, Blogger Ben said...

Since I spent the dough to pick up the whole Duel of Ages set, I really should plan to try it out at least one more time. To be honest, I've seriously thought about trading/selling the pile, just because it wasn't all I hoped it would be. Still, it's hard to render a solid verdict after one play.

I would classify the game as a light wargame with lots of silly chrome. I think The Duel expansion dramatically increases interaction (at the cost perhaps of strategy), because you can instantly teleport people across the map to fight a duel with you. I haven't played with this yet, but it sounds reasonably good. I think there's restrictions on who you can teleport, so you don't just summon Kermit the Frog to duel Deathwalker 5000.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home