Thursday, June 22, 2006

"The foundation of empire is art and science..."

It looks like I do have a favorite subject this month: what to do when you don't have the time to play.

Well it looks like I found yet another thing (besides BGG'ing, playing lighter games with my family, etc). Lately I've been watching different documentaries on the History Channel specially here at work during breaks. Just tonight which has been a slow night (knock on wood) they had one on the Cuban Missile Crisis (great to dream about TS). This was followed by a short documentary about the aftermath in Berlin after WWII... communist east...the free west...etc. (great to dream about the hundreds of WWII games out there...heck and TS too).

Tonight they apparently are premiering a series of documentaries on the history of different empires. Check it out. The first one will be on the Ottoman Empire. Hope I have another slow night.

2 Comments:

At 8:14 PM, June 22, 2006, Blogger Rob said...

Well...no such luck. They just called me to replace the person on call (that is sick...sure...sick) on the busier side of the hospital. Oh well.

 
At 9:59 PM, June 22, 2006, Blogger Ben said...

I love the History Channel. The Military Channel is quite good at times too. The Military History podcast is a great listen as well.

I've been spending a bit of non-boardgaming time playing Battlefield 2 and World of Warcraft... though BF2 is sometimes a bit too similar to reality. I only like playing as USMC.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home