Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Mini fix...




Hope you all had fun on 5/12's session....

I had my own small gaming session yesterday. I played Bohnanza with both my parents and my wife. It was a blast as expected. I won by a single point, followed by my wife, and then my parents. Yes, I know we have talked about "conceding" victory to the newbies (ie my parents), but I just had to win to tame the evil gaming-addiction gods.

Then we played one session of Coloretto (I had to go to work so we only did one full round). Light simple fun as always. No carebear-coloretto though. The animosity had built up quite a bit with Bohnanza, and it was unleashed in coloretto. My wife won, I came in second, and then my parents.

Hopefully me and my wife haven't discouraged them from playing again. We'll see.

3 Comments:

At 12:42 PM, June 13, 2006, Blogger Rick N said...

Rob, I'm glad you're still able to get a little gaming in, though we look forward to you getting back into circulation at the Lair.

 
At 4:38 PM, June 13, 2006, Blogger Ben said...

Bohnanza, another game I'm sad to say I've never played. The theme has to be one of the silliest ever, but apparently the game is very good.

Kendahl published a very good column on Bohnanza in his newspaper last year.

 
At 6:15 PM, June 13, 2006, Blogger Rob said...

It's one of the best set collecting games IMHO, with a light fun theme. May not be as good as having wood for sheep, but asking for chili for a stinky (beans that is) is great stuff.

Rick: The hard part is holding back from saying scary things like: "Ok now that you all enjoyed Coloretto, lets play 4-player War of the Ring!".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home