Sunday, May 28, 2006

Memorial Day .... and beyond


All right ... who is going to be at Dragon's Lair tomorrow and what time? I'll probably get there fairly close to 10am. And wargames will be had. Hopefully we'll know the rules after a bit. I believe we originally expect 4 or so players, is that still the plan? It would be nice if we get a game that we can dive into, but as with anything this long, we'll probably be digging up rules as we go. If anyone wants to re-read them, that would be helpful.
I'm planning on bringing:
and a few shorter games. Should I bring anything else?

As it turns out, I have Tuesday night free, so I'm going to live at the Lair this week. Tuesday is Shadowfist. I haven't played recently (since I'm gaming mondays), but I've notched over five hundred games. The nice part is that game play matters as much as deckbuilding, and the theme is right on. If anyone wants to learn, stop by any tuesday (usually around 6:30) ... but I'll be there this week.

14 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, May 28, 2006, Blogger Simon said...

I'll be at Seaworld for most of the day, if not all.

Feel free to meta game in my place.
;)

 
At 12:12 PM, May 28, 2006, Blogger Ted said...

I plan to be there about 10a tomorrow, and I'll be there for most of the day. My bet is that DL will be open, but have we actually confirmed that?

It being Memorial Day, I hope to focus on (long) historical wargames. I'm especially looking forward to either Sword of Rome or 7 Ages.

I know I recently talked about Knizia games, but I regard Memorial day as a special event. I hope next Mon will be our Knizia fest (I just got 3 Knizia games for my birthday from my wife; huray!)

In honor of Memorial day, my tentative list is:

-- EastFront (long)
-- Pacific Victory (long)
-- Ogre (short)
-- Hellas (short)
-- Battle Cry (medium)
-- Hammer (medium)
-- Lightning: Midway (short)

Except for Eastfront, all these games have simple or moderate rules (<10 pages). Of course, Eastfront is probably the best game...

 
At 1:07 PM, May 28, 2006, Blogger Jonathan W. said...

I will be there at 10am, count me in for any of the monster games.

 
At 2:45 PM, May 28, 2006, Blogger Michael said...

I will be there at 10.

 
At 2:58 PM, May 28, 2006, Blogger Chad said...

I should be able to make it around 10 as well.

 
At 3:05 PM, May 28, 2006, Blogger Rob said...

I should be able to think about you guys and all the gaming goodness at around 10.

(drool...) Europe Engulfed... Eastfront... Sword of Rome...

 
At 4:08 PM, May 28, 2006, Blogger Ben said...

I should be there around 1000. I'll bring Warrior Knights in case there are those who can only play a 3-4 hour game. This game looks positively awesome.

Whichever game I play, I'll be sure to name one of my figures, counters, or blocks Simon and put him in the front line. So, Simon, you can be there in spirit!

 
At 7:40 PM, May 28, 2006, Blogger Brian said...

Congratulations, Simon ... you can be standing at Pyrhuss' right hand. Then later, defend Poland!

 
At 10:47 PM, May 28, 2006, Blogger Simon said...

Sweet!

 
At 12:55 AM, May 29, 2006, Blogger Simon said...

...hopefully I'll have a better fate than history...

 
At 7:31 AM, May 29, 2006, Blogger Ben said...

Guys, I've had something come up today, and I won't be able to make it. Sorry if this messes up any game planning. Have a great day.

 
At 7:54 AM, May 29, 2006, Blogger Rob said...

ben I'm sure there is more pain in your words than is evident in your post.

 
At 5:54 PM, May 29, 2006, Blogger Ben said...

Yes, painful like the wound of a Morgul blade from one of the Nazgul...

 
At 5:57 PM, May 29, 2006, Blogger Rob said...

I feel it too. I woke up at 3:30pm today, and actually considered going until 5pm or so. I'll read the session report as I weep like a little girl.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home