Monday, May 08, 2006

Lunchtime Lord of the Rings

Kendahl and I enjoyed a little lunchtime Lord of the Rings: Confrontation today. We played two games, switching sides after the first game. Unfortunately, the friendly, good forces of the Fellowship went down in flames as hot, smoking Warg chow both games. Several things struck me during our play:
  • I really enjoy this game, especially now with the variety and richness added in the deluxe version. I've played Stratego since I can remember, and this game takes all the good things I enjoy about the genre and puts them into a package I find a ton of fun.
  • From now on, I want to play with the extra power cards (e.g., Shadowfax, Gandalf the White, etc.). These seem to add a lot of good variety and strategic options to the game.
  • Working in the same general area as a fellow gamer (Kendahl) is the best. I strongly recommend turning a coworker to the Dark Side if you haven't already. Kendahl has done a terrific job at this, going so far as to run a bi-weekly column in our base newspaper dedicated to board gaming.

2 Comments:

At 4:02 PM, May 08, 2006, Blogger Ted said...

Sounds like good times.

I have the original version of the game, and I have found it is hard going for the good guys. I've played about 5 or 6 times.

If the good guys can thin the ranks and get the ring across the mtns, they stand a decent chance of winning. It's just hard to do that, at least in the original version.

 
At 6:18 PM, May 08, 2006, Blogger Simon said...

Ha! I knew it! Bush is Sauron!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home