Friday, April 16, 2010

Hello Again!

....Oh... Hello! Does anyone still come here? Its been a long while since I've had any meaningful contribution here (perhaps forever), but I thought at least out of nostalgia I'd post something. I was supposed to fly to Germany tomorrow, but a crazy volcano seems to have messed that up. So... I have some extra spare time to kill. Here is a smattering of what I've been up to:

-- StarCraft 2 Beta: Thanks for the code, FFG! Overall it feels like SC1 with a pretty skin, including the clunky old interface, need to memorize high speed hot-key macros, and nearly identical units. I'm quite surprised, though I suppose if it ain't broke...

-- Battlefield Bad Company 2: Quite possibly my favorite multiplayer FPS of all time. Somehow I seem to regularly score as best player in the X-Box Live matches I'm playing in, which means I'm likely being automatched with unskilled 10-year olds. In any event, its quite a hoot.

-- Mass Effect 1: I never finished this back in the day, so I restarted. My original character looked far too much like Steve, so fear of seeing him in a love scene was also a strong motivator for a reboot.

-- Heroscape: I'm finally getting around to sorting and organizing the hundreds of Heroscape minis I've collected. Good fun.

So.... not a lot of board gaming unfortunately. I did complete a massive sell-off, so my board game closet is in a never-before-seen state of organization and readiness.

Stuff I'm most looking forward to:

-- Red Dead Redemption.... Perhaps the next GTAIV-quality game? I pre-ordered from Amazon on Hornsfan's recommendation and paid the extra $6 for release date shipping in a fit of silliness.

-- Washington's War: I have it... I've studied it... Now I just need to play it.

-- Great Battles of the Revolutionary War: Same theme.... I'm in the WBC PBEM tournament for this game series, kicking off any day now. I've never played, but the games are colorful, simple, and very digestible. I can't wait to see if they're as fun as they look.


Anyhow.... I hope everyone is well and has a fantastic Fiesta season. If anyone wants to hook up for some on-line gaming of any of the above (or anything else really), just shoot me an e-mail.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 5:18 PM, April 17, 2010, Blogger Mike S said...

crickets...

 
At 9:55 PM, April 17, 2010, Blogger Carlos said...

Yes, Ben I am still around even though no one really sees me any more. I did get in a very nice game of Twilight Struggle today and that was a treat.

I would still like to meet up with the group again very soon for a large game. Of course I am always up for TI3. I am always glad to host.

 
At 4:06 PM, April 19, 2010, Blogger Unknown said...

Played WotR yesterday. It was da bomb.

Spammers read your posts Ben.

 
At 10:31 PM, April 19, 2010, Blogger Rob said...

BTW, might end up getting Horus Heresy...someday... after my FFG fix yesterday.

 
At 5:16 PM, April 25, 2010, Blogger Mike S said...

you know, if you just want to try it out, Gamelot has an open copy on their "try it out" shelves.
sort of a try before you buy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home