Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Folk Rock Band

OK, not gaming related at all -- but since there seem to be a few folks who like music, I'll throw it out there. Amy and I are hosting a concert at our house this Sunday night, Sep 20th, 7pm, $10. And this isn't some fly-by-night, unknown local artist either - it's a national artist that's critically acclaimed but unfortunately not so well known -- Bill Mallonee (formerly of Vigilantes of Love).

He's an incredibly talented singer/songwriter. His music ranges from Folk-Rock/Americana to Southern Rock. Billboard magazine says "Dylan-tinged vocal and introspective lyrics that spin out big-picture stories imbued with chilling small details." Anyway, according to me at least, he's a pretty Big Deal, and we're thrilled to host the concert.

Enough with my spam - if you're interested in coming and need directions, let me know - my BGG id is seanp. If you'd consider coming, but the money is keeping you away, please come anyway. We're not doing it for profit, and won't break even regardless, but most of all just want to share the music we really love with others. Visit Bill Mallonee's website for a sample of his music.

3 Comments:

At 12:15 AM, September 16, 2009, Blogger Unknown said...

I would come. But I will be otherwise occupied. Sadness.

But you book did ship. :) Should arrive Thursday.

 
At 9:31 AM, September 16, 2009, Blogger Anne said...

Oh, were I not out of town that day I would so love to be there! This sounds like a once in a blue moon opportunity, too. Have a wonderful time!

 
At 9:31 AM, September 16, 2009, Blogger Anne said...

Oh, were I not out of town that day I would so love to be there! This sounds like a once in a blue moon opportunity, too. Have a wonderful time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home