Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Back in Black

HA HA ha! I’m back from the dead, suckers! I bet you all thought you’d never see me again, but now that I’m all diploma’ed, I’ve got a small percentage of free time back. I still work like a mofo, but I might be edging back into some meet-ups if I get the chance.

In the meantime, I’m on xbox live late in the night most days, so you can get killed in Catan or Carc if you so desire (or Halo3 or GH3 or TF2). My tag is “Mister Meats.” I have a Wii too, but I never bothered to hook up the wifi. –And thus you know how I managed to survive without boardgames for so long.

I’m entering a Masters program for applied statistics at A&M in the fall (aren’t you proud of me, Michael?) so my return will be relatively short-lived. But hey, we can still get some gaming in, can’t we? Glad to be back, I hope my chair is still warm and there are a few new faces to meet. Or people, rather. I mean, I don’t mind meeting faces so long as they’re attached to bodies. Erm, what I’m trying to say is… Nevermind. I’ll be in closet assembling Loopin’ Louie if you need me.

12 Comments:

At 9:20 AM, December 18, 2007, Blogger Dennis Ugolini said...

Come out of the closet, Simon.

 
At 12:58 PM, December 18, 2007, Blogger Jeff said...

Masters program for applied statistics?

You definitely belong in the SABG, Simon.

Welcome back.

 
At 4:42 PM, December 18, 2007, Blogger Simon said...

Jeff: What are you insinuating, mister?

Dennis: No. (and you still owe me a deck of battleground from our super bowl bet!)

So who else is still around? Just noticed our random banner thingy is dead. I can fix that later I s’pose.

 
At 7:28 PM, December 18, 2007, Blogger Michael said...

Welcome back.

A growing number of us are part of the Halo 3 community.
Me: Cookar
Ben Notre Dame 89
Chris, not sure if you ever met him:Hornsfan01
Jon: to be announced after Christmas we are hoping

I'm out of town until a few days before new years, but I'll be on halo 3 most of the nights while i'm here now that i've hooked it up.

 
At 9:33 PM, December 18, 2007, Blogger Rob said...

And Rob is 'rcub3' on Xbox live.

Michael doesn't know it because I don't have Halo3. I do have GHIII, Assasin's Creed (ok no xbox live but it rulz), Rock Band.

 
At 9:34 PM, December 18, 2007, Blogger Rob said...

Oh, and Simon, I'm moved south of Houston if you haven't been following the posts.

 
At 10:33 PM, December 18, 2007, Blogger Jonathan W. said...

I guess I will make you an admin again so you can fix the banner Simon.

Good to have you back, we will have to get in some good gaming.

 
At 11:25 PM, December 18, 2007, Blogger Ben said...

Welcome back! I've been wondering how things were going for you. Hopefully you can make it to a game session sometime soon. Until then, Halo 3 is great fun.

 
At 9:17 AM, December 19, 2007, Blogger Unknown said...

Simon, congrats on graduating and getting accepted to grad school! And I'm pretty sure your chair is still warm, although that may be because a newb has been sitting in it... ewww!

 
At 9:25 AM, December 19, 2007, Blogger Simon said...

So it turns out I'm going out of town for two weeks starting Sunday which sort of makes my triumphant return more of a footnote for now. Oops. Maybe I can get something in on Friday if I have the time and there’s an event.

Amy: I think it's hilarious that you just called some new member on this site a newb.

Rob: Congrats, man. I assume this means you are all super-doctorified now, right?

Jon: Haven't seen you in forever, man. How's married life?

And finally Michael: Your skills in Halo3 are so..."cute". (Let the smack talk commence!)

 
At 2:24 PM, December 19, 2007, Blogger Rob said...

Simon:

Tease...

 
At 8:57 PM, December 19, 2007, Blogger Ben said...

I could do a Friday afternoon gaming session... probably starting around 4PM or so. Shoot me an e-mail if you're up for it still.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home