Sunday, April 15, 2007

More on WotR: Collector's Edition

Another BGG user recently suggested adding more color to the board for the War of the Ring Collector's Edition. The current board color is one of the few things that's always bugged me about the game. This homebrew variant board looks much more like the Middle Earth I've always imagined and depicted in the movies.

This same user does suggest a 40% increase to the current size, which I think borders on madness, but we'll have to see... In the mean time, I'm looking forward to more plays. Steve and I have even made tentative plans to play the battle scenarios. Feel free to join in on the fun!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 7:40 PM, April 15, 2007, Blogger Ben said...

Oh, and here's the latest update from the designer:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/1410732#1410732


He's talking about Fall 2007... I'm not getting my hopes up yet though. The hints of additional expansions are interesting, though I'm not sure what else they could add.

 
At 8:39 PM, April 15, 2007, Blogger Carlos said...

The colorful board is nice, but I would just like to see more well defined boundries. The different colored lines are not too easy to see.

 
At 12:37 PM, April 17, 2007, Blogger Schifani said...

I read through the battle rules, and they have much in common with the strategic game. I think they'll be reasonably easy to pick up.

I'm looking for more WotR games as soon as people can get free. Tonight and tomorrow are open (short notice, I know) but Thursday, Friday, and Saturday morning are crapped out for me.

 
At 11:49 PM, April 18, 2007, Blogger Ben said...

Those following this thread may be interested in today's official update:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/1452433#1452433

Apparently they're going to ask John Howe to green it up a bit... and re-letter then entire map in Elvish. I'm a bit concerned about this, as I have hard enough time finding the territories with the names written in the Middle Earth version of english.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home