Friday, October 13, 2006

BattleLore | Days of Wonder

BattleLore | Days of Wonder

Score one for Days of Wonder's marketing department. I just pre-ordered my copy direct through DoW at full retail plus shipping, but with the promotional figure.

Rob and I did actually discuss pre-ordering the game through Dragon's Lair with the store owners last week, but we didn't get a very reassuring response. Their response was something like, "well... maybe... we'll have to see what we can do... we've already placed our store order for two copies...." I told them members of our group would most likely be interested in ordering a few copies if they could guarantee us the promotional figure, but this didn't seem to get them too excited. I get the impression, despite Dragon's Lair's relatively good inventory of board games, that they aren't too clued into the board gaming hobby.

Anyway... in the mean time, I need to play some Memoir and C&C: Ancients...

4 Comments:

At 5:17 PM, October 13, 2006, Blogger Ben said...

I wonder how much I'm going to have to pay to get the Earth Elemental.... somehow we need to cajole DL into getting some....

 
At 5:56 PM, October 13, 2006, Blogger Simon said...

I'm squarely in the "try before I buy" camp on this one. Memoir is OK and I like the system, but I wasn't even tempted to get any of the expansions for it in the least. C&C:A and BattleCry didn't seem any better, so just kind of skipped over playing those...

Who knows though, all the info so far seems very positive.

 
At 6:02 PM, October 13, 2006, Blogger Ted said...

Satisfaction or not, I just broke down and pre-ordered. The combo of light wargame and fantasy is just too much for me to resist.

Just looks too cool. If it turns out to not be a keeper, I think I'll be able to sell it pretty easily.

 
At 11:03 PM, October 13, 2006, Blogger Rob said...

I have to admit... I thought at first it was going to be meerly another battle cry clone. But the recent posts about Lore, and the special characters have proved me wrong, and picked my interest.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home