Friday, October 13, 2006

BattleLore teaser . . . revealed!


Earlier I mentioned And if BattleLore contains one idea that Ricard Berg mentioned, it may be brilliant and Rob asked what it was. I coyly deferred, but I see via the BattleLore blog a confirmation.

The idea: For every "Miss" you roll, you gain a token. You spend these to cast spells, etc. Of course, you can roll a bunch of the wrong symbols and miss (rolling Green banners against Red Troops), but I loved that idea when I first heard it.

If you pre-order Battle Lore, you get bonus stuff (DL should be able to take pre-orders, or you can go via DoW). I'm tempted ... but I sold my copy of C&C:A, [I'd sell Memoir '44 if anyone is interested.] On the other hand, I'd like to play more Battle Cry. So ... will this be a play once and then sell, or a keeper?

Am I encouraging the industry by buying another fantasy themed game? ["No more bleedin' 'obbits!"]

2 Comments:

At 5:16 PM, October 13, 2006, Blogger Ben said...

Wow, looks like Brian and I were typing BattleLore blog entries simultaneously...

 
At 11:05 PM, October 13, 2006, Blogger Rob said...

Gaming ESP.... or something.

The token 'reward' sounds interesting....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home