Thursday, September 07, 2006

VIKTORY II

VIKTORY II: A Fast-Paced Game of Strategy and Conquest

This website provides quite an interesting description of the home-development of a board game. The game itself isn't one I'm interested in owning, but for the amount of effort the guy put into development, I really hope he is successful.

I do have to admit though.... the blatant infomercial quality of the last episode of The Dice Tower, promoting this game, was a bit of a turnoff. The podcast did prompt me to go to his website though, so perhaps it was successful on some level....

3 Comments:

At 5:29 PM, September 07, 2006, Blogger Ben said...

PS: For those of you interested in Axis and Allies (Michael), the guy's website has a lot of strategy content for the game, including a strategy video for each side in the revised edition.

 
At 5:53 PM, September 07, 2006, Blogger Simon said...

Looks like a cross between Settlers and Risk. What rules I briefly looked over mentioned lots of dice.

I don't think I'll be too interested at 60 bucks a pop, but it sure is one a hell of a job he pulled off and not too bad looking either.

 
At 7:48 PM, September 07, 2006, Blogger Rob said...

I've had my eye on it, although Ben, I feel like you with EVERYTHING you said including the comment about the dice tower sellout episode.

To be honest, the thing that atracts me the most is the "discovery" feature of the game, where you actually have to "explore" the tiles around you to see what kind of terrain surrounds you. I've considered maybe (MAYBE) getting the $40 4-player version.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home