Saturday, July 01, 2006

Quick report for a quick session


Last night the stars aligned and I was free to head out to Brian and Jacqui's for my first SABG gaming in what felt like forever. It was fairly last minute, and I didn't have time to RSVP. Turned out I was the only one who could make it, so there were just the three of us. We got things rolling with Stage II. It took me a few minutes to engage the long-unused trivia centers of my brain, but I managed to get warmed up and pulled out a close win: Jeff 50 Jacqui 46 Brian 44

I had been up since pre-dawn, and the Banklers had plans for early the next day, so I called for a closer and Brian brought out Ricochet Robots. Again, underused brain sections had to be dusted off, but since the tiebreakers for RR favor the losing player, I was able to get back in the running after an early deficit. It all came down to the last round - Brian and Jacqui shared the win with 6 each while I came in a close second/last place with 5.

2 Comments:

At 4:18 PM, July 01, 2006, Blogger Rob said...

Who's Jeff?

Hey, good to hear from you. Nice report.

 
At 9:15 AM, July 02, 2006, Blogger Ben said...

Great report, Jeff!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home