Thursday, July 13, 2006

My Next Order

One thing I thought might be fun, informative, and useful to share among the group was a recurring post of what each person was planning on ordering. Advantages of doing this include:
  • We can cooperatively spread risk of new, early adopted purchases out among the various members. There's no sense to more that one of us blindly buying the same game only to find out it is a stinker
  • Within our little circle of trust we might team up on orders so as to lower the free shipping threshold for each person.
  • We can all collectively salivate on the great new games inbound.

Games I planning on ordering within the next month are:

A Game of Thrones: A Storm of Swords

Descent: Well of Darkness Expansion

Dungeoneer Epic: Call of the Lich Lord

Dungeon Twister 3-4 Player Expansion

How about you?

8 Comments:

At 2:00 PM, July 13, 2006, Blogger Ben said...

PS: MMP's Shifting Sands has just been released as well, so I'm eagerly awaiting it to appear at retailers. Anyone P500 this?

 
At 3:58 PM, July 13, 2006, Blogger Simon said...

You're getting the Dungeon Twister expansion, eh? I take it you liked the base game then?

 
At 4:39 PM, July 13, 2006, Blogger Brian said...

Lesse ...

The Scepter of Zavandor,
Tempus (with some hesitation),
I'm sure there are more, but those or the obvious ones...

 
At 6:18 PM, July 13, 2006, Blogger Jeff said...

If I order anything in the near future, it'll be the Roads & Boats reprint.

 
At 6:47 PM, July 13, 2006, Blogger Ben said...

I'm still a bit hesitant about Dungeon Twister... I know you guys thought it sucked. I'm actually on the fence when it comes to the expansion.

I'm glad to hear about Brian and Jeff's plans... I had my eye one these.

Hey, did everyone see the RSS feed button I added to the main page? Works pretty cool.

 
At 12:17 AM, July 14, 2006, Blogger Simon said...

I wouldn't say it sucked per se, but I was interested to see if you had played it and if so what your thoughts were.

 
At 7:16 AM, July 14, 2006, Blogger Ben said...

I have Dungeon Twister plus the first expansion and have toyed with it, but haven't really played the game. I've heard it's a bit too much like chess for some people's taste. I'm thinking the 3-4 player expansion would spice things up a bit. The game system seems very well supported, so I tend to be a sucker for this sort of thing (e.g., Runebound).

 
At 10:22 AM, July 17, 2006, Blogger Rob said...

Tempus....sweet. I'm interested in Zavandor too. But I'll try them before I buy. I don't start my new job unitl next month AND there are some preorders on their way to me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home