Monday, January 23, 2006

Remember the Alamo!

Alas, I'm not doing a very good job of defending a little town I like to call San Antonio, France, (complete with a little stone church in the center of town) against the ravaging German hordes of my PBEM opponent, Mr. Steadman. However, one little squad (now down to four men) I've named Privates Crockett, Travis, Bowie, and Kindt have defended the rubble of one of the church buildings, killing about five times their number in German troops, disabling a halftrack, and driving off at least three desperate hand-to-hand combat assaults. Unfortunately, as seen above, my armored forces haven't fared too well against my enemy. Notice the Panzer IV on the right applying the coup de grace to my Sherman at point blank range. If you like squad-level WW2 games, I know you'd like this one: Combat Mission.

2 Comments:

At 1:50 AM, January 24, 2006, Blogger Simon said...

They have a ton of Combat Missions and its sequel at the Half Price Books off San Pedro. I've contemplated purchasing one or the other on numerous occasions, but recently ended up going with Soldiers: Heroes of World War II (what can I say, I'm a whore for graphics).

Either way, it's hard to argue with the six dollar price point for anything PC related they carry, especially the new games they get from other store's overstocking.

 
At 7:39 AM, January 24, 2006, Blogger Ben said...

If you get it, make sure you get Combat Mission: Beyond Barbarossa (CMBB, eastern front) or Combat Mission: Afrika Korps (CMAK, western front). Don't get Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord (CMBO). Its an older version, not nearly as polished as the other two.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home