Monday, December 26, 2005

Me and My Shadow


This was a busy holiday week with little time for gaming, which forced me into my mode of playing games solo versus my alterego: Evil Ben.

Evil Ben and I have enjoyed epic struggles for world domination against each other since we were little kids. We're bitter rivals, yet the vast majority of my gaming experiences have been against Evil Ben. Evil Ben usually plays the Germans, Orcs, Forces of Chaos, Galactic Empire bent on snuffing out freedom in the universe; etc. I usually takes the underdog forces of goodness and light. Evil Ben somehow always seems to have the cooler tanks and weapons for some reason... oh, and Evil Ben absolutely despises cooperative games! On the positive side, he always likes the same kind of pizza I do, and he is always up for games when I want to play!

I have to admit, its hard to not root for Evil Ben sometimes, and I do have a hard time making sure we have a fair, impartial gaming experiences. Sometimes Evil Ben seems to know what cards I have in my hand just a little too well. I'm convinced he's a cheater! Still, our game win percentages are almost exactly 50/50.

Still, I'm thankful to have Evil Ben around when real life only gives me an hour or two to get a game in. Thanks to him I've learned rules enough to play with my real friends and been able to get a quick gaming fix when other gamers weren't around.

Thanks, Evil Ben!

4 Comments:

At 12:21 AM, December 27, 2005, Blogger Simon said...

...a touch disturbing...

*thumbs up*

 
At 12:07 PM, December 27, 2005, Blogger Rob said...

Hey, there's medication for that. You can always call Evil Rob when you have an extra hour or two for gaming (I'm the closest to you I think).

 
At 7:10 PM, December 27, 2005, Blogger Ben said...

Hey, that sounds like just what the Doctor ordered! Hopefully Evil Mrs. Rob and Evil Mrs. Ben won't interfere...

 
At 7:57 PM, December 27, 2005, Blogger Rob said...

LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home