Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Game Worthy of Mordor...


....is apparently on its way:

Greetings from Fantasy Flight Games.

Your order has now been shipped.

Thanks for shopping at Fantasy Flight Games, and we hope to see you again soon.
The following 1 item(s) were included in this shipment:

Qty Item Shipped Subtotal
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 War of the Ring: Collector's Edition $ 399.95



Okay.... Seriously... What the heck was I thinking spending this much on one board game? Have I totally lost my mind? If I didn't know better I'd suspect the actual One Ring was involved in the marketing of this thing.

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 6:32 PM, February 23, 2010, Blogger Ben said...

Oh, and these are coming from GMT:

Combat Commander Battle Pack #3: Normandy

Serpents of the Seas

Washington's War


I have a moderately big pile to E-Bay to make room...

 
At 6:33 PM, February 23, 2010, Blogger Ben said...

UPS says my WotR: Collector's Edition crate is 46 pounds. Wow. I think it passes the weight test.

 
At 9:02 PM, February 23, 2010, Blogger Carlos said...

I got the message too that mine is on the way. I sold a fancy chess set ti pay for WotR. Nice chess set, but it was in the attic and never saw the light of day. My only fear is that WotR will be the same...

 
At 8:49 AM, February 24, 2010, Blogger Anne said...

I got my tracking number yesterday. I notice folks on BGG are posting individual threads for when they got their tracking number. Instead, I'll just bore you folks with my gleeful anticipation. Have you guys kept up with the thread of Mayday games making sleeves for these cards?

 
At 3:27 PM, February 24, 2010, Blogger Ben said...

I need to check out the Mayday thread.... I definitely want sleeves for the cards.

I'm also signed up for one of the plastic, painted Mount Doom add-ons for the board. These look very nice.

 
At 6:28 PM, February 24, 2010, Blogger Ben said...

Some very impressive pics are now appearing on BGG from folks receiving their copies.

 
At 8:47 AM, February 25, 2010, Blogger Anne said...

Ben, you aren't kidding. Those pictures are gorgeous. My copy just left Kansas City. Estimated arrival is tomorrow. We'll see if that happens!

 
At 6:53 PM, February 25, 2010, Blogger Brian said...

Carlos,

If you are afraid, feel free to store WotR in my attic.

 
At 6:52 PM, February 26, 2010, Blogger Ben said...

Hooray! My Mother of All Game Boxes arrived today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home